Steps to set-up and store tent end in the MPG 186T

We just purchased a 2012 MPG 186T and are a bit puzzled on how to set-up and store the tent end. The dealer tech was not really able to show us and the salesperson was not too helpful either. I was hoping to find some instructions as all the permutations we tried seem to have some drawbacks. Is there a best way/order to set-up the bars and store the flexible tent and hinged interior panel?

jimtoo

Hi ieanne2000,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure one of our other family members that has a MPG will jump in soon to give you an idea on set-up and storage of the tent end.

Enjoy the forum and your new MPG.

Jim M

jrford

We just purchased a 2012 MPG 186T and are a bit puzzled on how to set-up and store the tent end. The dealer tech was not really able to show us and the salesperson was not too helpful either. I was hoping to find some instructions as all the permutations we tried seem to have some drawbacks. Is there a best way/order to set-up the bars and store the flexible tent and hinged interior panel?

Yes, we are puzzled too, i also have the same question. Is there a link? or Video we could watch.

A-Specifically, with a 2011 186T, from the outside-in does it go like, Hatch cover, Tent, Sleeping boards? Or in other words does the tent fold over the Boards, then close the sleeping board? As such the tent kinda hangs into the dinning area.

B- (BAD IDEA) Or its seems, remove the tent from the bottom board, fold the boards up, then fold the tent over them? This way the bottom board acts like a wall (True)? This way those inside clamps seem to do something. I'm not sure if the tent un-hooks completely from the base board first before folding, or leave it attached? (Note: if removed from the bottom channel you wont get it back in).

C-Remove the poles, Fold the small board and rest it on the stops; From the Outside fold the larger board in with the Tent between the two boards.

Thanks!
Jim F

Last edited: