Replacement Keys for 2011 Big Horn 3670RL

Ornofrk

On the way to Florida last week I lost a set of keys to my 5th wheel. I thought, no problem, I have the extra set given to me by my dealer. When I went to use the duplicate set, the dealer had given me a duplicate door key, three CH 751 keys, but no duplicate baggage door slam latch keys! Therefore, I couldn't get into my convenience center to hook up!! It cost me $150 to have a lock smith pick the locks at the campground!!

After we arrived at our destination in Florida, I called Heartland's customer service and told them I need a replacement Southco R001 key for my slam doors. It was if I was speaking a foreign language, the customer service person did not have a clue as to how I could get a replacement key (who in the heck is Hartland hiring for customer service these days). I then found Southco's telephone number on-line and they told me they cannot sell anything directly to retail customers. They gave me the number of a company they sell to and they told me they couldn't sell directly to the public!

Does anyone know how I can get a replacement key (Southco R001) for the baggage door? I found another Big Horn at the campground and their R001 key fit my doors. I guess I can borrow his key and take it to a lock smith to have one made if I can find one who has the key blanks. So far, I can't find one who has RV key blanks.

Jerry Orndorff
2011 Big Horn 3670RL

Gizzy

I would start with looking for another Heartland owners that has the slam doors. While at the rally in Goshen my key worked in my neighbors doors. Don't know if they are ALL interchangeable, but it's worth a try.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I lost a set, locksmith made me two more sets for almost nothing. The dealer said they would have to order the blanks and they are the only ones who can get them. That was a load of it. The locksmith told me that they don't make a key that he can't copy as long as it doesn't have a chip in it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would call Heartland customer service back and ask to speak to the supervisor. They should be able to provide you the replacement key.

9-larry

Rex is right the frist day i had my trailer i lost all the keys. i lucked out and had one door unlocked and one slam door unlocked. took locks to lock smith and had tree sets made for about twenty dollors. i was told all the slam doors on the same modle will fit each other.

jpdoggett

The dealer lost my keys for mine when I had it worked on but I had a second set so I had copys made all worked except the slam door keys, so I sak the dealer about getting keys made and they sent me to a key shop in Rockport, Texas and the man said that he can not buy the blanks he has to order them and they come already cut. I got one from him and it works going back to get a couple more

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Find a locksmith and copy your neighbors key.

It's my understanding that slam locks are all the same but the dead bolts are keyed different in each unit. This is according to my dealer I haven't run around the RV parks trying my key on other trailers. ;)

RSIG

I ordered the keys from Heartland. There was no problem. I supplied them with the # on the key, which you already have.

Good Luck,
Ed

Ornofrk

Heartland called me today and said that they will send me a couple of repacement keys (good for them)! I guess they monitor the owner's forum. The next time I need to call Heartland, I will make sure I get to someone who can answer my questions. Thanks to those who responded to my original posting.

Jerry Orndorff

brianharrison

So, everyone with my rig can unlock my slam doors? That's bunk! Time to change the locks.

Yup everyone with Southco keyed slam doors, and all trailer owners can open your battery, electrical connection, etc with the industry standard "CH751" key.

...This is according to my dealer I haven't run around the RV parks trying my key on other trailers. ;)

I have.... and made a few new friends in the process.... :D

Take care,
Brian

jnbhobe

Been that way for the last 20 yrs maybe longer. I have different locks because I have a registered keyset available. But the real thing is that locks only keep honest people honest.

Brandon.Prewitt

I guess you're right about keeping honest people honest.

Makes me second guess installing a 32" LED TV in the Basement though. I got it for Christmas, but still haven't installed it.