Garmin NuVii 2555

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Does anyone have any experience with the Garmin GPS NuVii 2555? Is it a good unit, reliable, and fairly easy to use? Thank you.

Wharton

We have the 2450 and find it great. Garmin does a good job and has very good customer support if needed. Just make sure you have lifetime maps with it. Son-in-law bought next model up(you can talk to it) and he likes if very much. He uses his heavily as he owns a window installation company and drives all over Phoenix.

PUG

Pug
I don't have that particular unit but have a comparable unit. I like Garmin Products and only buy them. I had a Magellan and hated it and their service.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As Wharton mentioned, go for the lifetime maps. We have a Garmin 1350LMT and a Tom Tom. Both are OK but there are times the location/place I'm looking for isn't in the date base.

CactusTwo

Please please please, if you plan to use a GPS make sure that you plug it into your computer once in a while and UPDATE the maps. A lifetime map update is great but it doesn't update without plugging into a computer. Yes you are using multiple satellites to find yourself but they don't transmit updates to you as you drive down the road. Just today I heard a woman say she can't use her GPS in new subdivisions and that it doesn't show NEW points of interest (POI's) and when asked about plugging in to update, she looked at me as if I was stupid duh...

Wharton

Garmin now has a piece of software called Garmin Lifetime Updater. The program automatically checks to see if there are any updates for your unit. I used it to download my recent update and it worked fine.