ATF: Big Country - Slide won't retract

Josh33

I have a BC3250TS that has three slides. I can't get the kitchen slide to retract. How do I get it to retract. Also, neither the switch nor the remote will operate the slides. I had to use the switch that is by the battery. The bedroom and entertainment slide will retract. As I am leaving on a trip tomorrow I need an answer ASAP.

Note this unit has only been used two other times.

Thanks for any help.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
If it's a hydraulic slide I would check to make sure the valve wasn't accidentally closed, Open and close it then try again. Does it make any noise at all when you engage the switch?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had a '08 BC 3250 that had a bad fuse block in the battery storage area which stopped the operation of the slides. There are a series of connectors behind the battery which one went bad. Changed one of the circuit lines and the slides worked. You want to check the continuity of the circuits to see which one might be dead.

Last edited:

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey josh,

I have a 2011 3250 and the slides would not close......a bit of a panic on our first trip out in the new BC. As Nabo suggested, that was our issue. Here is the link to my slide "emergency"......post #9 has a pic of the micro breakers behind the battery:

Slide lock link

Hope this helps....if not someone else on the forum will be your hero!,

Lance

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If your other two slides are working normally, I wouldn't expect the breaker or a fuse to be the issue. I'm also not too sure about the control valves on the Big Country. I heard they didn't put the valves in them. Only the Bighorn & Landmark. When you are retracting the slides, does the kitchen move at all? Do you still hear the pump motor running? Is it straining? THere may be an obstruction or the slide may be wedged somehow. I hope you're able to get it in. Good Luck.

k-f-Indiana

We have a 2010 BC3250TS and had the same problem. The terminals on the battery cables were corroded. Cleaned them, and the kitchen slide came right in. This is a possibility. Hope it helps.

Josh33

It turns out that I had turned the battery switch off. However, the unit was still plugged into 110. Once I turned the battery back on the third slide came in. I don't know why two slides woiuld move and the third wouldn't. However, I now know that the battery has to be on.

As you all may have guessed I am a newbie at RVin. Thanks everybody for your input. Also, thanks to the factory rep that called first thing the next morning.

PeternLiane

I never would have guessed that there was even an on/off switch for the battery. Learn something everyday.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Josh33, there are not too many things in your coach that run on 110V. Even being plugged in with the battery disconnected many things will not work. The 110V's go to the convertor to keep the battery charged.