Heartland Customer Service

redwing

I would like to take the opportunity to express my thoughts to any prospective owners of Heartland Products concerning the excellent support by the folks in customer service in Elkhart. If you're new to RVing the first thing you have to understand you are creating a rolling earthquake in your rig the moment you pull off the drive, THINGS HAPPEN, doesn't matter who the manufacturer is. We've owned five trailers over the years and have had warranty issues with all.
Don't abuse your equipment, service it when required and you will be amazed at how well things work out! Should you need assistance from the factory, have your information ready and give them a call, they are the most accommodating group of folks we've encountered in a long time!

TwoGypsies

Our experience has also been very, very positive. Our area Service Rep is David Hilliker. He's been very responsive, professional, and results-oriented. Thus far he has helped us get a punchlist of half a dozen minor items fixed, e.g. a faulty propane regulator and a loud a/c plus some much smaller stuff. He helped us with some coax cable issues. He helped us with a refrigerator failure (110v element failed), and is now working with us and Lippert for a toyhauler door replacement that is pending. Is this a lot of problems? I don't know. It doesn't seem that bad from our perspective. In addition to the above list, we've fixed a couple of plumbing leaks and 'loose screw' type problems on our own, but overall the unit seems quite robust and solid to us.
Our warranty ends in February. At this point we feel confident that we will have many good years of usage from this trailer, as long as we keep up with the maintenance. Heartland's/ David's support and efforts have made our ownership experience be very positive.

aatauses

We have had great success with the HL customer service department. They have been professional, willing to answer all question, give some suggestions and then great follow up with return phone calls---can not say enough positive things about them. You will be very happy.
al

DRGalligher

We are now off the standard 1 year warranty but I know that various components have longer. What is the best way to do about service should it be needed on these? Contact the dealer or contact Heartland directly? We don't have a problem, but I know that as time goes by we will eventually need some assistance. And, for items off warranty period, how is the manufacturer in helping when you need it? By help, I don't mean expecting them to pay but in pointing you in the right direction to fix the problem? Thanks!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of the item. HL doesnt not warrenty those items anyway. Microwaves, stoves, A/C's etc,etc. are taken care of on their own stand alone warrenties.