ATF: Landmark - Entertainment System Power

lotus

There is no 115 volt power to our living room entertainment center receptacles. There was power when we turned it off the TV/ DVD one evening, and none the next day. I can find no circuit breaker tripped. I turned most of them off and back on just in case they do not indicate when they are tripped. All other receptacles and lights have power. I see no reset buttons on the receptacles. Where do I look for the problem?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You don't state which floor plan you have. If your entertainment center is in a slide, take a look under the slide. You may see a junction box. Check the connections there. Also, take the faceplate off the receptacle and check for loose wires there. Another place to look is the back of the breakers for a loose wire.
Finally, you mentioned you cycled most of the breakers. Cycle all of them.
When you get it figured, come back and let us know what it was.

Peace
Dave

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
check for a loose or bad wire on the receptacles at the tv, then trace the wire back to the breaker box, checking each recep. for a loose or bad wire. then take the cover off the breaker box and check for loose wires, kill the power 1st!!! tighten up every screw that has a wire under it. mine had several loose wires after driving down louisiana roads. reset every gfi you can find, show your wife how to reset when you are gone fishing.

jbeletti

As an aid in troubleshooting, here's what I know about the routing of your slide room AC wiring.

Romex style wire comes from the AC breaker panel, then to a junction box on the outside of the frame rail on the door side, under your slide. It then goes back into the underbelly and up into the rear cap to the receptacle there, then to the 2nd receptacle there, then back into the underbelly. It then goes to another junction box on the outside of the frame rail on the off door side under your entertainment slide.

The purpose of these junction boxes is to provide a connection point for a more flexible wire that is used in the flex guards that guide the wiring under the slides, then into the floor of the slides.

In these junction boxes, wire nuts are used to join the wires. It is here that I'm guessing is where your issue is.

With the AC power off, pull the blank plate off these junction boxes to inspect the connections in them.

Once, i lost power to the receptacles in both slides and the rear cap. The issue was in a wire nutted connection in the junction box on the door side - the first connection in this circuit, past the breaker panel.

Jim

lotus

I have been remiss in not updating the forum. The problem was in fact very simple - the ground fault breaker under the kitchen cabinets. I actually had checked it before, but not very diligently. I believed it unlikely that power would reemain available through the receptacle that actually has the GF (in fact it was tripped) while the unprotected receptacle next to it had no power. A member's insistence on checking these even though they are remote from the problem led me look closer - problem solved.

Second, I found this forum very helpful again just this morning. Last night our DS slide out moved about 8" out, then refused to move any farther out. It was late, so we left it that way overnight. I woke up this morning recalling reading on the forum to check the awning roller above the slide out. I noticed a projection on one end of the roller had slipped enough to catch the bracket. A ladder, screwdriver and two minutes solved the problem. I also had a ladder on hand as a result of reading this forum.

I installed a Tire Minder set from Camping World. It sounded alarm on the Florida turnpike. I pulled over and found a two inch crack leaking air in the left rear Landmark rim. A can of tire sealant and ten minutes with my mini air compressor took us the remaining 60 miles to our destination. As a result, the $219 almost new tire was not damaged at all, the tire minder set is now half paid for on our first trip. I actually purchased the tire minder to help reduce damage to trailer sides from a tire coming apart and beating the trailer.

As to tires, I heard a very rational comment that many blowouts are caused by damaged sidewall cords that sometimes occurs when running over curbs, road debris, etc. Jim, a fellow camper, said some have switched to appropriately rated radial truck tires having steel sidewalls such as those offered by Michelin and have no more blowouts. It seems the steel cord resist breaking better that other materials. He added the trailer seemed to pull smoother (but that is a subjective take). Perhaps some may find this information helpful.

Thanks so much - great forum!

jbeletti

Lotus,

If you still have that cracked Landmark rim, please contact Tredit Tire and ask them to replace it. If they supplied it, there's a good chance they will replace it, unless it was user caused damage (pot holes, curbing etc.). Their number is on the left side of the portal page (www.heartlandowners.org).

Glad you are finding this forum useful. That's what it's for and thank you for sharing your issues and resolutions. That's what can really help the next guy.

Jim