2011 300c- Need Advice!!!!!

Texxags

I know of a lot of folks, said it should no problem. But I want to be safe as possible; (with my new rv and family) I just bought a new 2011 F350 crewcab 4x4 SRW before we decided to look at a new Travel Trailer. If I would have only known, I would have bought a DRW.

Would air bags help make the 300C pull better and be more stable?
I’m also running Michelin’s LT275/65R20

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I know of a lot of folks, said it should no problem. But I want to be safe as possible; (with my new rv and family) I just bought a new 2011 F350 crewcab 4x4 SRW before we decided to look at a new Travel Trailer. If I would have only known, I would have bought a DRW.

Would air bags help make the 300C pull better and be more stable?
I’m also running Michelin’s LT275/65R20

Just a quick look at the HL specs on the CY 300C shows a GVWR of 14000 lbs., and a pin weight of 2900 lbs. As long as you don't overload it, your F-350 truck (albeit a Ford) should be able to handle it. Although I prefer having a dually in front of my 3670, which is heavier than your 300C, a SRW would handle it as well. Look up the trailering specs for your vehicle and find what load the SRW axle with the tires you have can handle.

Airbags help improve the ride, but do nothing to increase trailering capacity or stability. Having a DRW truck helps with sway. And newer trucks have higher load ratings than their similar models only a couple of years older.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I added air bags to my 2500 Dodge and it made a huge difference towing, I liked it so much I'm going to add them to my f450 Ford. I can't say it made it "pull" better or made it more "stable" but it smoothed out the ride quite a bit and of coarse it didn't change my towing capacities at all.

Your truck should have trailer sway control as standard equipment. It defaults to on when you start your truck but you can override it... try it sometime, I did and was impressed at how well it works.

jnbhobe

You will be fine, get a set of air bags so you will be able to level the rig up if it sags a little. You will be happy with your condo on wheels.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So which is it? A Road Warrior 30C or a Cyclone 300C that you're getting. You've asked the same question on both model numbers. Only thing is, the literature shows the same GVWR and pin weights.

Texxags

So which is it? A Road Warrior 30C or a Cyclone 300C that you're getting. You've asked the same question on both model numbers. Only thing is, the literature shows the same GVWR and pin weights.

We have not really settled on a 30c or 300c. They both are great! I'm still working out the details with the dearships. It will be settle by who give me the BEST over deal. :)

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We towed our 16000 lbs Alfa Gold fifth wheel and our 16000 lbs Landmark with a 99 F350 SRW longbed for 5 years without problems. We now have a dually and although we feel more stable now it was fine with the SRW. We did have the rear airbags (Firestone) and now also have them on the dually. You should be fine without issues.