Bugs

MLJ

Does anyone have suggestions of something to put on the front of the unit to assist in getting the bugs off after a trip? Someone told me to spray the front with pledge before a trip and they would come off much easier.

Netem

I don't know what the Pledge might do to the decal. What I do is stand in the back of my truck when I get parked and with a little water and my brush I get them off before they bake on. I do wax the front more often. You will probably hear of alot of things people spray on their trailers some maybe OK and some not.

brianharrison

Bounce dryer sheets with water help take them off easier. Seems the Bounce brand is the only one that others have said to work the best. I use the Bounce sheets with Rejex re-applied once a year in the spring.

Take care,
Brian

pegmikef

I have a TT and I wax the front before every trip. I use Macquires spray on wax that I buy at Walmart. I have been doing this for a year and it has not affected the decal and it sure makes it easy to get any bugs off. I did the same thing on my Edge.

archbarb

Rain X on the front cap once cleaned and waxed, it greatly reduces the elbow grease on removing bugs and other splatter!!!!!

Archie

ncc1701e

What is REJEX? Where do you get this? I've spent hours getting the little suckers off. If there is a good aide I'm certainly interested.

rarnold

Go on line. After hearing about it on this forum, I researched it, found some dealers close to my area but ended up ordering on line. I just have one application on my frt cap and back end. Will apply again in early spring before I go out again. To soon for me to see how affective it is.
Happy hunting.

Rod

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Rejex is sort of a liquid polymer that will bond to the fiberglass and keep things from sticking to it. I bought it online. It is not cheap but it goes a long way and lasts a long time. Goes on like liquid wax.

Owenfamily

Rejex is sort of a liquid polymer that will bond to the fiberglass and keep things from sticking to it. I bought it online. It is not cheap but it goes a long way and lasts a long time. Goes on like liquid wax.

Hello Jim,

Did you use this for the front only or did you cover the whole RV? If you did the whole thing how much did you use? I was reading about it and it seems to work great on glass as well.

David

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I have been using Rejex for several years on the front cap of the RV, motorcycle fairing/windshield, and the leading edge of my dads Piper Cherokee. Works awesome for making it much easier to keep clean! I do my entire bike with it but only the caps on the RV. You can certainly use it on the entire RV just a little expensive for me. I like the Meguires Tech 2 for the rest of the 5th wheel.

Best Wishes!

olcoon

Before going to the Goshen rally last June, I waxed our rig with Nufinish. While we were at the rally, we got hired to work camp in CO. Made a flying trip home to KC, MO after the rally and were on the road to CO the next day. We made a few side trips on the way home from CO. It was in Oct. before I got to wash it. The front cap was pretty buggy. I used a hose to re-hydrate the bugs, and about 90% of them came off. I then used the brush I've got to wash it & the truck with, and just about all the rest came off. Just had to lightly scrub the rest off.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have only used it on the front cap due to the price of the product but you can use it on the entire (except roof) RV.