Water Damaged Floor

jc21

Hi all
I am looking for advice on the approx cost to repair (probaly replace) a water soaked interior floor on my 2009 Sundance 24 Rl 5th wheel.
Water leak has been ongoing since new and never repaired.

Cost and competent repairers in Florida would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Joe, to replace the entire floor would be a huge undertaking for any dealer. The floor actually goes on before the walls. Can you give us some specifics as to where the leak was and what was/is actually leaking? A section of floor may not be that difficult to do depending on the location.
Where are you located in FL?

jc21

Leak is actually underneath the fridge/freezer in a compartment containing the water pump.
The floor approx 4 feet from pump was damp and is spongy under foot.

That is as much detail as I have at the moment.
A local mobile mechanic is still assessing the damage but thinks it is too big for his mobile shop.

Rig is in outside storgae at RV park near Cocoa bach, Florida.

Joe

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I replaced the floor in my 3200ES because of water damage. Never did find where the water came in we thought it was from some holes in the cover from staples. I replaced Insulation, 2x4's, Particle board and replaced carpet with laminate flooring cost was around 600. I did the work myself with a friend. Took about a week. I will try to post pics.100_1547.JPG100_1576.JPG100_1558.JPG

jc21

Imcclure

If I could get away with the repairs costing me $600 I would be very happy.

Did you have to replace the whole floor or can you replace individual panels.

BTW great blg.

joe

Owenfamily

Great job. Looks very nice and I am sure it is better then factory.

I replaced the floor in my 3200ES because of water damage. Never did find where the water came in we thought it was from some holes in the cover from staples. I replaced Insulation, 2x4's, Particle board and replaced carpet with laminate flooring cost was around 600. I did the work myself with a friend. Took about a week. I will try to post pics.View attachment 17457View attachment 17458View attachment 17459

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I replaced about 1/2 of the subfloor and did replace the insulation and also added a barrier of plastic between the black underlayment and the insulation. I laid down a floating floor but did put brads in front of the slides. You have to check the slides since I found some staples sticking through the floor that would have scratched the laminate. We like it better and since we full time in it we find that it is much easier to keep clean. I took the floor up to the cabinets and to the walls where accessible.100_1560.JPG100_1570.JPG

Tuke

Nice looking job, I was thinking about a wood laminate floor, but was concerned that there was not enough room for the slide to go over it.