Potential new owner North Trail NT 29LRSS

Hi all, I am the potential owner of a North Trail NT 29LRSS. I am hoping to upgrade from a Gulf Breeze by Gulf Stream 23 foot travel trailer. The current trailer I am interested in looks great with many nice features. My question to current Heartland owners is this: How is the QUALITY of Heartland products? Again, the camper appears very nice. However, my current Gulf Stream is a "lemon" for several reasons. I am told that "all campers are the same" because there are basiclly 3 camper manufacturers in the US with the same "quality" standards. Is this statement generaly true and one just "had bad luck" when the particular camper purchased continues to disappoint based on quality/durability issues? Or is their really a difference in quality standards between various camper manufacturers? Tks for your constructive comments!

jimtoo

Hi greenvillesc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think you will find that Heartland folks do build a better unit. Nothing is perfect, but with the factory support we have, along with the best people on the forum, you just can't beat owning a Heartland product.
I'm sure some of our other owners will jump in soon with their views also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

pegmikef

I have the NT 26 LRSS. The NT 29 LRSS is really just a stretched out (larger rear living area and standup shower) version of mine. I have had a single issue with mine (the rubber tube seal strip used to seal the slide when closed deteriorated). One email to Heartland and one phone call back from Heartland and they sent me the seal so I could install it (I was actually a month out of warranty). No other issues in eleven plus thousand miles so I can certainly recommend the North Trail Line. You should consider the Calibur Edition or upgrade because it has a few more perks. Also, I would recommend the 15K air conditioner.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome Greenvillesc, I think it would help a lot to know what problems make your current SOB a lemon. For instance in the spring I will go through a check list of items on my rig that includes bearings and brakes, u-bolt and hitch torque, water/LP fittings, chalking and everything else in between. I consider this regular maintenance, other folks my not and just want to hook up and go.

We are very pleased with the overall construction of our BH so far and our dealings with Heartland customer service have been outstanding.

Good luck in your research and we hope to see you back here as a HL owner.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi all, I am the potential owner of a North Trail NT 29LRSS. I am hoping to upgrade from a Gulf Breeze by Gulf Stream 23 foot travel trailer. The current trailer I am interested in looks great with many nice features. My question to current Heartland owners is this: How is the QUALITY of Heartland products? Again, the camper appears very nice. However, my current Gulf Stream is a "lemon" for several reasons. I am told that "all campers are the same" because there are basiclly 3 camper manufacturers in the US with the same "quality" standards. Is this statement generaly true and one just "had bad luck" when the particular camper purchased continues to disappoint based on quality/durability issues? Or is their really a difference in quality standards between various camper manufacturers? Tks for your constructive comments!

Hello and welcome to the forum greenvillesc.

As far as "quality" I think you will find the HL is a bit above the rest. I know nothing of Gulf Stream, but compared to some of the other SOBs I have had, HL is considerably better. Their customer service is fantastic. Like many others here on the forum, I thought enough of HL to buy a second one when we upgraded.

I also see you are from SC. If you end up with a Northtrail, I would like to invite you to our Hilton Head rally in April. Rallies are the second best way to learn about the HL product-this forum being the first.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome greenvillesc to the forum and hopefully so to say Congratulations on your new Heartland product. We have had 3 Heartland products without any major problems. As you said, we started off in SOB (some other brand) which was more trouble than enjoyment but since we have been with Heartland products, Rving is a blast. That's not to say that there could be problems but Heartland has a great support group and this forum is very helpful getting advise from other owners.

Both my hubby and I were born and raise in upper Piedmont area, owning several horse farms in Walnut Grove and Tryon. Kind of miss that area but can say TN is now our home state. Hope to run into ya'll soon at a HL rally.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Greenville... Welcome to the forum. We have a North Trail trailer, our first and only trailer. We have had it 2 years and travelled around 12,000 miles in it (mountains-dirt roads etc.) and it has never been to a shop for any repairs. I keep it well maintained and yes I've found a couple of loose screws or whatever but we are very very pleased with the quality. Good Luck!