6 Point Level up System

cewing

Getting ready to order a 3800 HD and want all the options from Factory that will suit me
6 point Level up auto system
I have seen on Facebook under "Heartland RVs Cyclone" name that this will be an optoion when ordering I am getting ready to order a 3800 and would like to get this and have a few ?'s. Is this an option that I can get? If so on the 2 rear points are they right after (just to the rear) the axles if so does the rear electric stabilizers still come with or can I order them?? (that is a lot of space with no ground contact) for the front I can use the pin stabilizer tri pod

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
cewing, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. The 6 point level up is a great option. I don't have it on our older BH but I'm pretty sure the rear electric stabilizers are controlled with a separate switch. Also, you may not need the tri pod under the front pin because the front legs are canted about 5 degrees and this actually provides a pretty stable platform. I'm sure you'll get some replies from owners having this option.
Another option to consider is the TriGlide Trail Air pin. If the MorRyde pin becomes available as an option it would also be a good alternative consideration.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I may be wrong, but I believe that the Heartland optional 6 pt leveling system uses the rear stabilizers as two of the six points.
The rear stabs will automatically deploy after the 4 hydraulic legs are down.
To be sure, give Heartland a call and ask about the system.
You might want to ask to talk to a regional sales rep.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am at the Tampa RV show and asked about the NEW 6 pt leveling option now used by Heartland and was told that yes they have gone to a 6 point hydraulic leg system and have eliminated the stabilizers completely. Not sure if this is also true with the Cyclone.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I picked up my 2012 Key Largo last week. It has the new 6-point level up system. The rear stabilizers are part of the 6-point system. All six legs operate automatically when the "auto level" button is pushed. It works great and I love it. Ken

jbeletti

Just to clarify, in the past, we offered the auto leveling with 4 hydraulic legs and a set of rear electric stabilizer jacks that were auto-deployed by the leveling system.

In replace of that, now, when auto leveling is ordered with your new coach, it has 6 hydraulic legs and the rear electric stabilizers have been eliminated from the system. The 5th and 6th hydraulic legs are behind the rear axle tires.

Nice stuff!

Jim

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The Cyclone comes standard with hydraulic front jacks and rear electric stabilizer jacks. Yes we are now offering the 6 point "Level UP" option. It is a great option and is all Hydraulic un-like a lot of our competitors that are using the much slower and inefficient electrical system. However keep in mind for those that are taking there units off road or in the desert that the rear hydraulic jacks hang down much lower than the electric stabilizer jacks that come standard.

porthole

Retired
Just to clarify, in the past, we offered the auto leveling with 4 hydraulic legs and a set of rear electric stabilizer jacks that were auto-deployed by the leveling system.
In replace of that, now, when auto leveling is ordered with your new coach, it has 6 hydraulic legs and the rear electric stabilizers have been eliminated from the system. The 5th and 6th hydraulic legs are behind the rear axle tires.

That guy Ron over at TrialAir - one smart worker. He told me last year while in Goshen that the HL's would have 6 jacks. I was inquiring about adding 2 jacks to a factory equipped system. He said no problem but if I could wait he foresaw that that a change would be made.

Just a side note, for those that have the 4 jacks, an additional two can be added to your current system.

I'm pretty sure the rear electric stabilizers are controlled with a separate switch.
As mentioned later in this thread, these are being eliminated. I have completely removed my electric stab jacks after using the LevelUp for a year.

Also, you may not need the tri pod under the front pin because the front legs are canted about 5 degrees and this actually provides a pretty stable platform. I'm sure you'll get some replies from owners having this option.

I may not be an engineer, but I fail to see how the pin jacks are anything more then a marketing ploy.

Another option to consider is the TriGlide Trail Air pin. If the MorRyde pin becomes available as an option it would also be a good alternative consideration.
5th Airborne, TrailAir pin boxes or air ride hitch are all good air options. I would skip the tri glide on a heavy trailer like the Cyclone. Had it, did not like it at all.

If it is in the budget a Hensley air ride hitch with a MOR/ryde pin box is a fine combo. The MOR/ryde pin box can have the shear spring upgraded (no or minimal cost) for a heavier trailer.

If so on the 2 rear points are they right after (just to the rear) the axles if so does the rear electric stabilizers still come with or can I order them?? (that is a lot of space with no ground contact) for the front I can use the pin stabilizer tri pod

On my add on LevelUp the jacks are about 2' behind the rear axle. I have removed my electric jacks. Too long to deploy and no benefit seen with the hydraulic jacks.
I also believe the pin stabilizers are a waste of money. They will not stop any lateral movement and you already have some fairly big jacks holding up the nose of the trailer.

porthole

Retired
BTW, for those using a toy hauler, something to consider with your toys. using the LevelUp will raise the entire trialer about 2-4 inches while it is seeking level. This could make a difference for getting your toys out, especially with a shorter ramp such as the 3010 series is equipped with (7' versus 8').

When I think it may be an issue I will dump the toys first, sometime just deploying the rear jacks for stability but not leveling.

Another user thought, you don't have to use the level up automatically all the time. There are times I will lower the jacks and use the indicator to level the trailer.
I'll do this when staying hooked up to the truck for a short stay or if the camp site is not level and sloping away from the door.
Using auto level when on this side to side slope will exaggerate the the lift and put your step extra high. Deploying the jacks and using the low side just enough to level keeps the trailer as low as possible.

porthole

Retired
However keep in mind for those that are taking there units off road or in the desert that the rear hydraulic jacks hang down much lower than the electric stabilizer jacks that come standard.

For those that this may be an issue, look close, maybe get a measurement of the jacks, or at least a side on picture. If the jacks are still mounted the same way, with some adjust-ability, I would still get the LevelUp. Just raise the jacks to an upper mounting point and use wood blocking to offset the loss of extension.