Generator exhaust rusted needs to be replaced

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3850. After being an idiot and storing it outdoors along the Florida coastline on dirt, i noticed extensive rust around the jack pin mounts and the exhaust generator. I'm thinking the exhaust pipe has to be replaced and have the following questions:
  1. The **** poor documentation included with our RV lists three different model numbers. How do I narrow this down?
  2. Is the exhaust pipe that has rusted something that can be easily replaced or is this better done by a tech?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The salt air is really hard on unprotected metal. Even galvanized. The genny exhaust should be a pretty easy task. It's similar to a big lawn mower.

porthole

Retired
I have a 2011 Cyclone 3850. After being an idiot and storing it outdoors along the Florida coastline on dirt, i noticed extensive rust around the jack pin mounts and the exhaust generator. I'm thinking the exhaust pipe has to be replaced and have the following questions:
  1. The **** poor documentation included with our RV lists three different model numbers. How do I narrow this down?
  2. Is the exhaust pipe that has rusted something that can be easily replaced or is this better done by a tech?

Your serial number and a call to Heartland service will get you the right part number. Although, the preformed pipe may be a expensive option to ship.
I would try HL first. The pipe, it shipped as a one piece unit should be very easy to swap out.

And if you join the Heartland Owners club you get a discount with HL parts for being a member, along with other benefits.