Running lights electrical routing..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Last year I had a tire blow and take out the running light by the entry steps. I have the parts to repair the body but I only see one wire coming to the running light. The Door side rear running light and the running lights in back don't work, so my question is:

Are the running lights in series or parallel. If a lamp goes out (in series) the others won't work. Has anyone worked on the running lights and have an idea of their path?

I really don't want to take down the bottom unless it is necessary.

Any Ideas?

BC

jnbhobe

Bob; I think all the light wiring runs down the right side. The lights are all run in parallel. Pull down the bottom by the side light and you will find the broken wire, there are two wires a positive and a negative. not sure of wire colors, may be white with a purple or green stripe. If you still have my # call me if you need help !! If not PM me and I'll call.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bob, the wiring does run down the DS frame rail. There 2 wires to each lite. The ground or 12V wire might have ripped off very short and you have not found it. If remember correctly there 4 wires 2 for stop/turn Rt/Left, 1 ground wire and the markers lites.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks for the responses. I have to replace some sheet metal around the steps. I don't have the tools to properly cut the metal so I am having it worked on here in Livingston. They said they can do the wiring also with no problems. I am going to see if I can get in the belly and check how the wiring looks.

Cookie:
Thanks but I should get it done before Kerrville.

Thanks to all
BC