air conditioning vents

We have a 2006 3500RL. It has 2 a/c vents in the bedroom, 1 a/c vent in the kitchen area and 2 a/c vents in the livingroom area. More vents in the kitchen and livingroom areas would help keep it cooler. Oh and 1 in the bathroom.

khd995

Has anyone added any vents in the kitchen or living room. I just added a penguin A/C to the bedroom and would like to shut off the vents to the bedroom.

I don't want to create a problem with icing or back pressure. Could you add a couple of vents in the main coach to offset closing off the bedroom vents.

jbeletti

Dealers and Service Centers add more vents quite often. I had RS add a vent in the living room.

Looks like they:
1. Cut through the ceiling material, then into the duct.
2. Flash around the hole with foil duct tape
3. Attach the new vent

I'm sure there's more to it than that but it looks like it would be pretty similar to this.

Jim

phranc

Had my dealer add 3 vents.. 1 LR, 1KIT, 1 BR. Better distribution of cold air..
Installation was as Jim said..

mike

Mike
I have a 2006 3655RD and have added 1 vent to the LR and will be adding another one this weekend, also put two vents in the BR that I could close during the day when its the hottest so my BR a/c will push more air to the unit.. Adding a vent is pretty simple, just line up with the other vents mark your hole by using another vent and cut out the ceiling and then cut out the duct..