Teflon or Coating ext/int package

Texxags

I'm about to just purchased a new Fifth wheel next week. The dealer is trying to sell me a 900.00 dollar Teflon or Spray on Coating package. I tend to think this is just a big moneymaker for the dealer. What are your thoughts? Does anyone have it?

wingfoot

I've never heard of this. My knee jerk opinion is, it's not needed. When I buy a new car they have on occasion tried to sell me an interior/exterior protection application. I have always elected not to buy this protection package. My decision was/has been because of the negative reviews...I consider it a ripoff..just my .02.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I'd stick that $900 in a savings account and use it towards a new set of tires when the time is right. Meanwhile I'd spend $15 on some Meguiars Paste wax and detail it myself. Although waxing a rig may be rather labor intensive, it allows me to really look at every square inch of the rig and inspect the exterior in detail.

jandm

I have used 303 over almost very inch of our rig,past & present.Safe to use on the roof as well as everything else.I re-coat about every six to ten washings,spray on,wipe off.About $60. a gal.& when you use with a sprayer a gal. will do the rig at least twice.

GOTTOYS

Do a little reading on Teflon. You can't just "spray" it on and get any benefit. This process is done by the dealership at a cost of around $75.00 for the exterior using a polymer coating similar to Rejex or Nu-Finish which you can buy for under $20.00 and apply your self. The interior is usually done with a product similar to 3M Scotchguard which they spray on. You can buy aerosol cans of this from Wal Mart for around $6.00 each. You will need two. They may also require that you bring it back every year for a re-application..If you ever need to call on their "warranty" for anything..they simply refund a portion of your initial cost, pro-rated of course. Read the fine print. I would seriously consider not buying anything from this dealer. JMHO..Don

hughd03

have seen a similar product applied to older finishes it brings back the luster and helps protect the graphics. the only issue is you have to get it reapplied in about a year depending on where you live and how you store unit. cost was about 35 a linear foot so a decent sized coach will run about 600 and then they charge about a third to do follow up applications.