Mud flap system for rear of 5th wheel.

kiddruger

Has anyone installed any type of system on the rear of their camper that would help keep the dirt road dust off?? Looking at a class a system from Camping World, but it's only 6" deep. Hoping to come up with someting before spring and will post pic's if I do.:rolleyes:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We followed a Landmark thru Yellowstone in mid May 2009, stopping and talking to him at Fishing Bridge. He mounted a bar across the coach just behind the rear axle and installed truck flaps. Worked real good in that while we were traveling thru the Park, the roads were slushy and very wet from snow and ice.

kiddruger

Looking at installing toward the rear of the unit, don't get much coming from the tires. It all the dust that rolls up and settles on the back window/rear of the camper. I have a pinch point in my driveway so I can't mount anything solid, thinking of a spring loaded system.

kiddruger

Truknutt,
Thanks for the heads up on the "Hula Skirt". I now have a local welding shop preping a 6ft piece of angle iron ( sand blasting & painting ) to mount it on the frame in the rear of the camper. Have to wait for the snow to melt for installation to take place.
Kiddruger

kiddruger

Truknutt,
Thanks for the heads up on the "Hula Skirt". I now have a local welding shop preping a 6ft piece of angle iron ( sand blasting & painting ) to mount it on the frame in the rear of the camper. Have to wait for the snow to melt for installation to take place.
Kiddruger
Here's a few pic's.

Attachments

• P033112_1508.jpg
    P033112_1508.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 159
  • P033112_1509.jpg
    P033112_1509.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 165
  • P033112_1509[01].jpg
    P033112_1509[01].jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 194

truknutt

Committed Member
Looks good. During your non-camping time maybe you can sub out to the highway department for street sweeper services! :^)