32BUDS Shopping

teamlkc

Hi - My wife and I are looking hard at the 2012 32BUDS and would like any input anyone has. Additionally, we've found a great price from RV Wholesalers online and was wondering if anyone had experience or has heard about an experience with them? Looking to purchase in the next 30 days or so.
Thanks,
Kevin

jimtoo

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure some of our North Trail owners will jump in soon. I have heard lots of good about both the North Trail and also RV Wholesalers.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

Kevin, I just want to add that RVW is a established dealer for Heartland and has been for several years.. Mike Creech

fjm039

Kevin,

We have a 2012 32 BUDS, Caliber Edition. We LOVE the trailer. The extras that Heartland puts in as standard are fantastic. We also love the extra slide and how ALL of our girls items can go back there providing more room for us in the main cabin.

We have had it since May of last year and have been pleased. I would recommend that you literally check EVERYTHING more than once during your PDI and do not sign or leave until everything is to your satisfaction. While the trailer is fantastic, it appears that perhaps Heartland could use an improvement in Quality Control. It has primarily been minor things, but the number of them were significant. The good thing is that by all accounts Heartland's customer service is great, although I have not dealt with them directly yet, only through my dealer.

Regarding RVW, I ALMOST bought from them. I live in Florida and was going to go pick it up but got a good local price and fell for the 'what about service after the sale' pitch from the local salesman. They are suppose to be very good and they have a nationwide service network as well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them if the price was right.

Jeff

PeternLiane

We almost bought from RV Wholesalers too. If the Dealer here didn't drop the price of our unit down to below RVW's price I would have bought from them. They do have the nationwide service network and are a Heartland Dealer. It's just a matter of having to go pick the unit or have it delivered. The best part about going and picking it up is, you get to camp all of the way home.

PeternLiane

Also, we love our North Trail. We have very happy that we bought our North Trail. We haven't had an issues. The only bad part was that we ran out of propane during our first camping trip. When you take delivery of your unit check everything twice and don't forget to check the propane too.

olyfire

A 32 BUDS is a good choice. We bought ours April of 2010 and have loved it. Fjm032 is correct about checking your unit out before taking deliver. We had a number of problems but between Heartland customer service and a dealer everything was fixed and we have really enjoyed this unit. We have 9 grand children and the room is great.
As far as not having a dealer if you buy from RV wholesaler, our dealer was really bad and we found a RV dealer with a great reputation and they did all of our service work. The dealer and Heartland coordinated all of the work with everything being taken care of. The RV dealer said Heartland was very good to work with.

teamlkc

Wow, thanks to everyone for your quick responses. I'm overwhelmed by your support. PeternLiane, I see that you're from CO. Is that the Denver area? If so, would you be willing to share your dealer name. I'm in conversations with John Althen at RV Discount Corner which is a sister dealer of RV America. Just curious of your experience. Although I'm not thrilled about driving back and forth to Lakeview, OH where RVW is, I'll do it for a better deal.

TJfromFL

I am one who had a terrible experience w/ RVW. I am sure most transactions go well and thier pricing is very good. But keep in mind, they are a volume dealer only, out in the middle of nowhere, and if any issues arise, they will give you the run around for months. I traveled from Florida to pick up a trailer from them, was told it was completley speced out and all additions installed BEFORE I left Florida. Come to find out, the trailer arrived to them same day I did. It had an 8" hole in the roof (was told they hit a bird during delivery) and wrong color interior. I was never reimbursed for any expenses and after 2 months I was finally able to void the contract. Let me point out, this was not a Heartland product, it was Forest River, who I also wouldnt recommend. I finally bought North Trail locally and am glad I did. Roll the dice if you must, I understand, and did the same thing, but keep your fingers crossed.

CliffP

Don't forget to factor in fuel prices. We bought ours locally and it saved time and travel expenses.

PeternLiane

Wow, thanks to everyone for your quick responses. I'm overwhelmed by your support. PeternLiane, I see that you're from CO. Is that the Denver area? If so, would you be willing to share your dealer name. I'm in conversations with John Althen at RV Discount Corner which is a sister dealer of RV America. Just curious of your experience. Although I'm not thrilled about driving back and forth to Lakeview, OH where RVW is, I'll do it for a better deal.

We got ours from John too. He's a good guy. RV Discount Corner seems to be a good dealer too. We did get a good deal from them. We priced them both RV Discount Corner and RVW Discount came in just a bit higher but far below the drive out to OH and back or the delivery charge. I lost this post and didn't get to read it till now.

teamlkc

Mike,
I've had a recommendation to get the Yeti package and double-pane windows on our upcoming 32BUDS purchase. Are you familiar with these and if they are available for the Caliber edition? Are they something that can be put on the rig by the dealer after the fact?
Thanks,
Kevin

APT

Contact RV Capital Wholesalers as well. They are located a bit closer to you, in the same town as the factory, and had the same price when I bought my NT.

M

Mcreech

Mike,
I've had a recommendation to get the Yeti package and double-pane windows on our upcoming 32BUDS purchase. Are you familiar with these and if they are available for the Caliber edition? Are they something that can be put on the rig by the dealer after the fact?
Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin, The North Trails already come standard with a sub Temp package. Its the way we build every North Trail...Now the Dual Pane windows are something we can do but normally dont. If its something you want, we can certainly do that but I can tell you 99% of all North Trails dont have dual pane windows...

teamlkc

Hello again - One other question is whether or not to purchase the extended warranty that any of the dealers offer? Is it worth it or should I just stick with the one year that Heartland provides?

PeternLiane

Kevin, The North Trails already come standard with a sub Temp package. Its the way we build every North Trail...Now the Dual Pane windows are something we can do but normally dont. If its something you want, we can certainly do that but I can tell you 99% of all North Trails dont have dual pane windows...

The Sub Temp Package is something that I've never heard of. What is the Sub Temp Package? I like camping in the winter. I don't want my pipes or tanks to freeze.

PeternLiane

Hello again - One other question is whether or not to purchase the extended warranty that any of the dealers offer? Is it worth it or should I just stick with the one year that Heartland provides?

We didn't buy one when we bought our trailer. Only because we did have the extra money at that time. The Good Sam Club does have one, so we might get one from them. I have heard good and bad things about the extended warranties. We've bought them in our cars. They paid for them selves with one repair. 5 of our friends have bought them for their trailers. 3 of them had to use them and they were worth the money. 1 was for a bent axle and they replaced the axles. 1 was for their refrigerator which went out and it was replaced. The other 1 had to have their water heater replaced when it went out. Read the fine print, see how far down you can get them on the extended warranty, then see if it'll be worth the money for you. If I had the money when we bought our trailer, Yes I would have bought one. It's like insurance people say "you buy insurance so you don't have to use it, but if you do have to use it you have it".

M

Mcreech

The Sub Temp Package is something that I've never heard of. What is the Sub Temp Package? I like camping in the winter. I don't want my pipes or tanks to freeze.

Its not a package is the way Heartland builds the NT. We use a 2" wall instead a 1" or 1.5" wall, we have a lamanited 3.5" ceiling with block foam insulation and we have a 3" laminated floor with block foam insulation. We also laminate a 2" decking under your bed which is the ceiling of your outside storage area, this protect your bedroom from the elements. We also, enclose and heat the underbelly and the gate valves are enclosed as well...Other manufactures dont do all these things on there light weight units...You can't do more to protect the unit from freezing... And by the way heat pad on the tanks do nothing but keep the tank warm, if the pipes and elbows don't have hea pads, then the tank pads are a waste of money...Hope this all makes sense.
Mike

Rhonda

In reply to your question as to if you should purchase extra warranty, I really think that it is a great idea. Even the best made trailers buy their things like fridges and stoves, air conditioners etc, from another company and things do break down. One after warranty claim and it will seem well worth it, especially when factory warranty only covers you for one year.

PeternLiane

Its not a package is the way Heartland builds the NT. We use a 2" wall instead a 1" or 1.5" wall, we have a lamanited 3.5" ceiling with block foam insulation and we have a 3" laminated floor with block foam insulation. We also laminate a 2" decking under your bed which is the ceiling of your outside storage area, this protect your bedroom from the elements. We also, enclose and heat the underbelly and the gate valves are enclosed as well...Other manufactures dont do all these things on there light weight units...You can't do more to protect the unit from freezing... And by the way heat pad on the tanks do nothing but keep the tank warm, if the pipes and elbows don't have hea pads, then the tank pads are a waste of money...Hope this all makes sense.
Mike

I've read in many posts that the pipes are right next to or on the frame. That tends to freeze the pipes. How can that be fixed? Is it easy to fix. I know that we have to put heat tape on the pipes. We'll be adding some next season.