Adding a ceiling fan

I recently purchased a 2011 Greystone 29RL. I noticed pictures on the web of them with ceiling fans, mine does not have one. Do they come from the factory with the bracing and wiring to add one? How much effort would it be to add one?

Thanks
Brian

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Your best bet would to be call HL service and ask them. If anyone knows they would. Make sure that you have your VIN# handy. A ceiling fan might be an option on a Greystone. I dont know, but, it might be prewired for it.

We went through the same thing with our Greystone 29MK. So, I checked with the local dealer where we purchased it. They checked with Heartland, first response was it was prewired for one. So, we ordered one. When the dealer went to install no wires or braces in place. A later call to Greysotne engineer to find out that unless the uniit was orerdered with the ceiling fan option, then it wasn't wired or braced for one. After some discussion with the dealer, abou tthe misinformation, we had him install it, adding the bracing and wired it to the AC power already in the ceiling. We are very pleased that we went ahead and added the ceiling fan, especially since we like to be out in nature. It provides a quiet flow of fresh air in the unit. Good luck!!
Dennis1948

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As Dennis1948 stated, it can be done. Another thing is having a Fantastic fan installed if it does not have one. They move alot of air out through the roof with a window or the door open.