View Full Version : Computer fan info for use in refer

01-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Can someone post a link to buy a fan to put on the outside of the frig? I bought 2 but they didn't move as much air as the stock fans.


01-21-2012, 12:36 AM
What type of Fan?

01-21-2012, 08:55 AM
6" computer fans that some people are putting in the space behind the frig to help with the cooling. I need some that move as much air as possible

01-21-2012, 09:16 AM
I found some different CFM fans at Radio Shack. I bought the medium "Cubic Feet per Minute" available as it was in my price range $20 and was a second fan installation. There is one available "round in a piece of black pipe" at Camping World Read the specs on the box and it will show CFM and the price. I believe that the idea is to "move" air past the cooling coils not BLAST air past them. Make sure that the air will not trap above the fridge if you have the double wall vents as I have

Ray LeTourneau
01-21-2012, 09:22 AM
I didn't look very hard but this is the first one that looked like it would provide good air flow. I'll see if I can find something a bit larger. Attached is a pictue of the back of my fridge.




01-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Can the stock fans be purchased? Sounds like they are working (moving air) pretty well?

01-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Try looking in your towns electronic recycle bin. I get most of mine from power supplies that are in old computers. you can find both 12 and 120 volt fans. You can use the 120 volt plug where the fridge plugs in or pick up 12v off the power to the fridge circuit board.


01-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Here are some Websites with some good computer fans.




07-16-2012, 08:35 PM
I only have one outside vent that is at the bottom of my fridge. I can barely see the fan up near the top. Is my only option to remove the fridge to replace my noisy stock fan? What have others done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Brett, the slang name or tech name for these type fans is "muffin" fans. Try, Amazon, Google, E-Bay, Newark Electronics, McMaster Carr, W.W.Graingers, MS Supply, etc. All those places sell them - they are readily available. The smaller, cheaper they are the more "hi-pitch" whine they make, they can get quite annoying... You can order guards and power cords to speed the install. Be careful with the 120 VAC versions, they can pose a shock risk depending on installation method. I would install a 12 VDC fan.