Trail Air Pin

cewing

getting ready to order a new 3800 and want the Tral Air pin option that HL offers but is it The NEW Triglide model or the the other model does anyone know I have the other model (not the triglide) on my KZ now and love it

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that you could get it either way. If you want the TriGlide, be sure to specify that when ordering and be sure it is on the order sheet.
I have the TriGlide and love it. My last rig had just the TrailAir and there is a difference.

Peace
Dave

cewing

I think that you could get it either way. If you want the TriGlide, be sure to specify that when ordering and be sure it is on the order sheet.
I have the TriGlide and love it. My last rig had just the TrailAir and there is a difference.

Peace
Dave

Some say that the 3800 is to heavy for that hitch???
I am getting almost all the options (duel pane windows, total rear patio kit, 5.5 gen., 6 point level u system,ect.)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I guess that a call to Trail Air is in order. I remember hearing that pin weight had an effect on performance and that more is better. Dunno if that is correct, but someone other than a consumer should have the correct information. Make the call.

Peace
Dave

cewing

I guess that a call to Trail Air is in order. I remember hearing that pin weight had an effect on performance and that more is better. Dunno if that is correct, but someone other than a consumer should have the correct information. Make the call.

Peace
Dave

What is your appr. weight?

hoefler

I have the TrailAir pin box, gross weight is 16,000 with a pin weight in the 3,500 lb range. I wouldn't be with out it!!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I elected to go with a air hitch instead of the air pin. Best thing I ever did.

porthole

Retired
Some say that the 3800 is to heavy for that hitch???
I am getting almost all the options (duel pane windows, total rear patio kit, 5.5 gen., 6 point level u system,ect.)

There are several threads already here regarding this. For me it is the same answer everytime, that trialer will probably be too heavy for the tri-glid to work at it's best.
The 3800 can very easily get to 18,000 pounds. That will push the the tirglide to it's rated "limit".

porthole

Retired
What is the "air hitch"? Any web sites to go to?
Air pin box - 5th Airborne and TrailAir
air ride hitch - Hensley, Mountain Machine and a 3rd one I don't remember the name.
There are more of each type, but those are the most popular.

The hitches are 2-3 times the cost of the pin box. The Hensley also claims to reduce chucking.
We have the Hensley and MOR/ryde pin box. Works good for us. Had a TrailAir tri-glide, did not like it at all.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a TS3 hitch and while pulling my LM Key Largo I have never had any chucking and we have never had anything in our coach move around hardly at all. I am very happy with it. Yes it was expensive but as I see it I saved on the pin and put that money into the hitch.