Portable Frig/Freezer Recommendations

jwsmith

Wanting to buy a portable refrigerator/freezer combination. Any recommendations from anyone who has one now.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jwsmith, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great information here and a lot of great people willing to help out.
We had two portable refers in our last Bighorn. One in the basement for cans of refreshment and one in the laundry closet that was used for overflow from the kitchen refer. The freezer worked OK. but had to be careful not to freeze the stuff in the refer compartment.
Measure before you buy.
Be sure to check out the WI rally on the Portal Page as well as the Heartland Owners Club.

Peace
Dave

MC9

After blowing the power unit on my Norcold I ordered an Edgestar. I use it primarily to haul frozen foods back and forth from MI to AZ. It works perfectly on 12V or 110. They draw a surprisingly small amount of power. The Edgestar was a lot cheaper than the other brands (and I think better)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
While we don't have a freezer/fridge combo, we do have a 3 cubic foot Avanti freezer. We seem to have enough room in the 9 cu.ft. fridge we have in the rig. The extra freezer really comes in handy for us.