Dual Pane Windows

cewing

ordering a 3800 do I want dual pane or not.??? I do not intent to use in cold weather but do in very not weather

Rob_Fla

RV Dual Pane windows do not have great thermal efficiency, winter or summer due to the minimal air gap between the glass panes.
The two biggest improvements are no condensation on the inside in any weather and outside noise reduction.

We have them and love them, but they are quite expensive and add quite a bit of weight.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
ordering a 3800 do I want dual pane or not.??? I do not intent to use in cold weather but do in very not weather

The way I see it is you can not add them later like you can most everything else very cheaply. You are buying a nice coach so spend the money for them and you will not miss having them later. Cut a A/C or something that you can add later.

Birchwood

Never ever had condensation on the windows inside of our coach and we have the dual panes.
Not sure if the 3800 is a Big Horn or what but it really depends on you USAGE!!If you can get the option for an
extra grand I think you will like it and the extra weight won't make a differance.

danemayer

We have dual pane windows and would get them again. We camp in very hot weather and in very cold. There's a lot of glass in these trailers for heat to come in through, or go out through.

beardedone

Beardedone
Don't forget the potential increase in re-sale value and it could be a deal breaker for some future potential buyer because they want them. Like what was previously mentioned you can't add them later. We have had dual pane windows in several units and will not have a trailer without them.

cewing

Never ever had condensation on the windows inside of our coach and we have the dual panes.
Not sure if the 3800 is a Big Horn or what but it really depends on you USAGE!!If you can get the option for an
extra grand I think you will like it and the extra weight won't make a differance.

the 3800 is a cyclone one other ? if you opt for the option of dual pane will all windows be dual pane including garage?

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
the 3800 is a cyclone one other ? if you opt for the option of dual pane will all windows be dual pane including garage?
Yes all of the windows are duel pane including the garage.

porthole

Retired
Dual pane windows - has anyone actually seen any proof that they are worth the cost?

My take on it is a bit like the washer dryer debate. Those that have wouldn't be without, those that don't - don't see the need.
And I think most of us that have spent the coins to get the DP's will only say they are great and worth the extra cost and weight.

That all said, I have them on the Cyclone and will have them on whatever the next rig is to grace our driveway.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We do not have them and wish we did. Single pane windows allow more noise to get into the rig and cold/hot air also. Next rig will have them although they do add weight to the rig.

brianharrison

Dual pane windows - has anyone actually seen any proof that they are worth the cost?

My take on it is a bit like the washer dryer debate. Those that have wouldn't be without, those that don't - don't see the need.
And I think most of us that have spent the coins to get the DP's will only say they are great and worth the extra cost and weight.

That all said, I have them on the Cyclone and will have them on whatever the next rig is to grace our driveway.

Great question Duane.

I looked previously on the Kinro website (www.kinro.com) and did not find any information on thermal efficiencies or sound attenuation for single vs dual glazed. I thought about sending a quick note to them to ask if this information was available to help consumers make an informed decision. I never got around to it. BTW - they are a fully owned sub of Drew Industries who also own Lippert - one big happy family. Mr Jason Lippert (CEO) is a young 39 --> Link.

I do like the new dual acrylic glazed windows (to reduce weights) - I have seen them on the new Bigfoot campers; time will tell if they stand up as well as glass.

Brian

adam

We have a 370C - Built with dual pane. We noticed a large decrease in noise at campsites over the fifthwheel that we had previously with single pane.
Weight is weight - and lets face the fact that its easy to haul around just too much - but IMHO when you start getting near 17-18000 lbs the little extra that they would add would'nt be reason not to have them. Especially if your having the coach built specifically for you.

PeternLiane

Since you're ordering your unit add the dual pane window now. They save on heat and cooling loss. Like in an early post the noise reduction is worth it. They will also add to the resale value. So yes since you have the opportunity to order the dual pane windows order them.

danemayer

Seems like a lot of people are dubious about the benefits of dual panes. I know they're not as good as residential dual panes with air gap. Nevertheless, I've lived in houses with single pane windows. I don't need any further data to know that any improvement over a single pane is worthwhile unless you in a very mild climate.