Entrance door lock?

traveler44

I have noticed a lot of slack in the entrance door even after it is locked from the inside. The other night I could see outside light, near where the handle was, after I locked the door. I pulled on the handle and it made a sound like it latched. This doesn't give me a lot of confidence in this little slide bolt, that it would actually hold if somebody were to yank on it. I was wondering if any of you have added some kind of a second or back up lock from the inside. Tom

GOTTOYS

Sounds like you either need to trim the area where the bolt goes in or possibly adjust the strike plate so it latches better. Mine was off a little bit and I had to "tune it up" somewhat...Don

Speedy

As Don said take a look and see if adjustment is warranted. Ours is close to being too tight and the door needs to be slightly slammed to close properly. I have put off adjusting it until I have warma nd stable temps to do so. I don't want to adjust in the cold only to be too loose when it warms up.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One of the first "mods" I had to do was drill a hole into the aluminum "stud" so the bolt would travel it's full distance. Otherwise, all that held it was the trim. But the key could be removed from the lock, making it seem like it was secured.