Sundance 3200ES Dinette Booth Available??

Elaine NB

We recently purchased a new Sundance 3200ES. We upgraded from our 2007 2800RLS for the better floor plan and decided on a dinette booth this time around for extra sleeping space.

Our unit came with the dinette table and chairs, and the dealer ordered the booth for us back in April. It finally came in and when the serviceman came to put it in today, it would not fit. Firstly he stated if it did fit we could not make it into a bed there would not be room. Come to find out that when it was shipped from the factory the packaging contents was all wrong.

The cushions did not fit the benches etc. the top fabric rails were missing. The cushions were too long to fit the benches. I called the dealer service manager, and was informed that our 'couch' was too long, and we'd have to swap it for a shorter couch. After measuring the couch we do not have the long one it is only 64" long, (hideabed).

We are being led to believe today that a dinette booth is not available for this model!! I find this hard to believe, and would not have purchased this model if that was the case.

Is there a booth dinette available for this model? According to our salesman there is (he no longer works there :eek: .) The purpose for upgrading our 2007 2800RLS to the 3200ES was for the layout, and to have a dinette booth for our granddaughter to sleep on.

Can anyone answer this for me?

Thanks so much
Elaine NB

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
Ms.Elane, Sorry for any confusion, If you could give me the last 4 digits of your vin# i will get with our parts dept and get this handled for you. we have 2 different sizes from 2007 to 2008 that is where the mistake was. sorry for any inconvience. John Leonard Brand Manager Sundance.

Elaine NB

Thank you Sir!

Hi John, and thank you very much for your prompt attention...last 4 digits of the vin # are 3836. I'm also not sure they sent the correct color. My couch is beigy with the brownish leaves etc...the booth back cusions matched my furniture but the seat cushions were a solid dark brown..which I could live with if I had to..We also just measured the area and 38x68 seems to be the correct size.
warmest regards

Elaine NB

No Help from anyone :( (Booth for Sundance)

I am getting really frustrated...my dealer ordered my booth back in April, the wrong one came, and first I was told a booth wasn't available for my Sundance model, so I called the factory direct and found out there is a booth available etc. Now I keep calling the dealer and all I hear is its not in yet its not in yet...I find it hard to believe this takes soooo long.

JohnL said:
Ms.Elane, Sorry for any confusion, If you could give me the last 4 digits of your VIN#, I will get with our parts dept and get this handled for you. we have 2 different sizes from 2007 to 2008 that is where the mistake was. sorry for any inconvenience. John Leonard Brand Manager Sundance.

fishn2dmax

I'm waiting for a booth for my 2900 MK that was supposed to be installed when we took delivery of the unit last week. I sure hope we don't experience the same delays? Our dealer assured us it would only take a couple of weeks for it to arrive in another trailer coming from Heartland. Since our dealer is 300 miles away, we scheduled a date in early August for a trip back down there for warranty repairs and the booth install. If the booth is delayed we're in trouble since we've already scheduled time off work and made travel arrangements. :confused:

D

David

Elaine
If you would call John Hawkins at 574-262-8030 ex 102 he is the Parts Manager for Heartland RV and will be able to help you get this resolved but will need more information.

Thanks
David

Scott

Booth

This is what I found out from our parts department:
I called (the dealer) yesterday, he returned my call a few minutes ago. I have also spoke to (Heartland Rep) in sales to see what exactly was going on w/ this on our end. The main problem with this whole thing is, sales had tried to take care of the issues w/ this coach w/out going through the parts dept. According to (sales), the dealer has never sent a parts order to the parts department. The first doors were correct but damaged, the second ones were wrong. I am taking this over and will get this gentlemen the correct parts. If you have any other questions about this please let me know.
Thanks,
John

JUST AN FYI. Sorry that the dealer tried to work through our sales department instead of our parts department - but that is what occurred.

ST