Extended Warranty ????

cewing

ordering a Cyclone 3800 with all most all options plus some What about getting some type of extended warrenty?? The dealer i am buying through offers another 6 years so a total of 7 years for $1900 YES or NO To Much or not bad on price????

jnbhobe

Re: Extended Warrenty ????

You will want to read all the fine print before you buy an extended warranty. There are some good ones out there but most of the time your better off to save the money and do your own repairs if you can.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Before buying, I would find out who the Warranty Company is and do a search for unhappy buyers. We had a plan on our truck through GE that worked very well for us. As mentioned, read the fine print.

GOTTOYS

You will be surprised at what the Extended Service Contracts do not cover. Read over the fine print thoroughly before you sign up. Don't just take the salesperson's word for it. I haven't heard of any that cover very much once you dig into them. I would never buy one for a fifth wheel or trailer. They are a HUGE profit item for the sellers. The ONLY one I would even consider would be from Good Sam. At least you're heard of them...Don

lwmcguir

You will be surprised at what the Extended Service Contracts do not cover. Read over the fine print thoroughly before you sign up. Don't just take the salesperson's word for it. I haven't heard of any that cover very much once you dig into them. I would never buy one for a fifth wheel or trailer. They are a HUGE profit item for the sellers. The ONLY one I would even consider would be from Good Sam. At least you're heard of them...Don

Exactly right on. You are paying for repairs ahead and interest on them.

branson4020

Icantre Member

Of that $1900, at least a $1000 goes straight in to the dealer's pocket. He is selling you a warranty for which the warranty company actually receives probably $750.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

We have one through RV Shield. We have used it several times and it has paid for itself. We just had our Microwave/Convection oven replaced under that warranty and the bill would have been $1100. The microwave/convection oven is $975.00. We also had some electrical issues taken care of 7 months ago which would have cost us $636.38. Two years ago we had a $1200 repair done under that warranty. So we feel we are ahead of the game.

JJOren

A word of caution....as my daddy always used to say, "You get what you pay for".....based on my experience with extended warranties, $1900 is pretty cheap. Which of course, causes me to wonder just how much 'fine print' there is. We have had some extended warranties that weren't worth the paper they were written on. On the other hand, the one we had on a unit some years back paid for itself twice over and then some!!!