2997BHS Pantry

We are looking for a fifth wheel and are considering a Cougar 289BHS or the Sundance 2997BHS. While we love the slide queen, the kitchen and living area are a higher priority for us.

The floorplan shows the pantry extending across the wall, but from pictures, the pantry door is barely wide enough to get a box of cereal through. Do you really have to reach in from the left side of the pantry or is it only as big as the wood area on the wall?

It pales a bit when comparing it to the Cougar pantry which has two large doors allowing easy access to any part of the pantry.

I really like the many other features (consolidated hookups, rear exterior storage, etc) but my wife is driving this train. I got to pick the truck.:p

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
We picked up our 2997 just over a week ago and YES, the pantry DOOR is WAY TO SMALL! I think getting a normal sized box of cereal into the pantry is going to be an issue (though I haven't tried yet). The inside storage space of the pantry is OK, but the door is unbelievably small and I really don't understand why. It seems as though if you could get a custom sized door made, you could quite easily fit a MUCH, MUCH larger door on (no cutting of the cabinets required ... at least I think you could based upon what I've seen in ours).