Confused over who makes lock

Wharton

Our door lock on the BH is having problems. I had always thought Southco makes the lock and it seems to be on their website. When I looked on our initial screen under important contacts it says Shurflo makes the keyless door lock. I looked on the Shurflo website and the lock is not there. Did Shurflo buy Southco and just haven't moved the Southco website to the Shurflo website? Which vendor should I be calling???

Thaks

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: Confused ove who makes lock

What timing. I just got off the phone Lippert. If you are talking about the keyless entry I emailed Southco last night because the key pad kept killing batteries. There are a few threads here-I think Gus has had to replace his.

Anyway, Southco called me this morning and told me it was a Lippert problem. Odd but he said call them and they know all about it.

Called Lippert warranty, told the guy I was calling about the Southco keyless pad and before I could finish, he said they would send me a new pad.

So it is Southco but Lippert handles the warranty.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

What timing. I just got off the phone Lippert. If you are talking about the keyless entry I emailed Southco last night because the key pad kept killing batteries. There are a few threads here-I think Gus has had to replace his.

Anyway, Southco called me this morning and told me it was a Lippert problem. Odd but he said call them and they know all about it.

Called Lippert warranty, told the guy I was calling about the Southco keyless pad and before I could finish, he said they would send me a new pad.

So it is Southco but Lippert handles the warranty.

I've replaced the battery, but not the lock. Battery seems to last around 6 months.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

I've replaced the battery, but not the lock. Battery seems to last around 6 months.

Ok, I thought you ended up replacing your pad too. Southco said Lippert stored the doors with the pad in a baggie outside - in the rain. Rain filled up the baggie and there they sat. Anyway, apparently they (Lippert) have to replace quite a few of these.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Ok, I thought you ended up replacing your pad too. Southco said Lippert stored the doors with the pad in a baggie outside - in the rain. Rain filled up the baggie and there they sat. Anyway, apparently they (Lippert) have to replace quite a few of these.

Hmmm, the make/sell cost ratio on the door must more than make up for the cost of the pads if Lippert can replace so many and store them in the rain! :rolleyes:

Wharton

We are out of warranty(I assume, 2 years old) and are having a problem with the solenoid.............Do you think Southco or Lippert. Someone needs to update the contact numbers and remove Shurflo from the keyless lock tree.