Hubby is ready to walk away from deal....

Sandie

They always say that your purchase is only as good as the treatment you receive from your dealer and right now we are not thrilled with ours and we haven't even taken delivery yet. When we went through the "Standard Equipment" sheet for our particular fiver, we noticed that it had a AM/FM/CD and a DVD player and upon going inside, it only has a DVD player. We inquired as to where the AM/FM/CD player was and they said that is all we got...showed them the equipment sheet I had and they then agreed to order one and have it installed at delivery. Now the service guy informed me that we are NOT getting one! WHAT???? The entire sales dept is at a show and waiting for someone to call. I contacted Heartland direct and waiting for them to call now. If this is the treatment we receive before the sale, what happens after? What would you do in this case?

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I believe all the Elk Ridges come with am/fm/cd/dvd combos as do almost all units. What model? I would clear with factory before I bought that line. You should get a good response from them, i know I did when problems arose. Good luck and welcome to the Heartland Family I hope

Sandie

We are getting the 2011 34RLSA model...just spoke to a Rep from Heartland and yes he was very very nice and I feel much better now after speaking to him. I am hoping this can be resolved without any harsh feelings towards the dealership. It really comes down to how they handle this situation now.

Sandie

What brand/model of DVD player is in the rig now?
Well being it was kinda dark in there and not having my glasses on, the salesman said it was a Sony...I do know the tv is Sony. Just looking at the area where this should be, there is a huge bundle of unused and capped wiring all bunched up in that little cubby hole with an unsightly hole to the left leading up to where the outlet is.

jandm

Heartland makes wonderful units,but some of their dealers leave much to be desired.Heartland is not alone in this,there are real good dealers & others who are no better then used car dealers of old.If you are not happy & have not signed on the "dotted" line find a Heartland dealer who WILL make your buying experance a good one.Good luck !

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
I agree with jandm. We travelled 5 hours from our home to get the "right" deal, in more ways than one. The price was right, and the salesman I dealt with was and is a prince of a man. They were so happy that we were crossing the state line to do business with them. They even held our new BH for 6 weeks so we could finish the mods on our home and driveway to enable us to park our new "home on wheels" at our house. Good luck with your decision, but distance should never be a part of your buying decision. We went the extra miles and are glad we did.

Sandie

I want to give a big thanks to Brian at Heartland in Indiana for helping me and to Jose in the service dept at our dealership...he is doing everything he possibly can to make sure we are completely satisfied with this unit. I am hoping the rest of this experience goes smoothy and we can get the PDI done on the 31st as scheduled.

hoefler

Check and see if the DVD is actually a AM/FM stereo tuner as well. My coach has a Jensen unit that is a AM/FM stereo and a CD/DVD player as well.

Sandie

Tried to post a picture of what they are putting in from a photo sent to me in an e-mail but it didn't work. I believe they are taking one out of the 2012 models they have on the lot, but according to him they are smaller in size so a frame will have to be built around the opening. Thats fine with us as long as it looks good and it works. I'm not that picky...I just want what we should be getting, nothing more.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We traveled over 4 hours to get to our dearler and I am so glad we did. We had some issues with our new 2012 Big Horn after the camping season and brought it down to them on our last camping trip and they have been fixing all the issues (without any hesitation) and will keep it for the winter in storage when the repairs are done. Anytime we had a question or even a complaint the staff was always willing to help. The right dealership makes all the difference. Don't let one dealership ruin your experience into the heartland family.

lorax

Ditto! This is our fourth travel trailer and the dealer makes a huge difference. You would think that the manufacturers would monitor there dealers more closely as that is what makes a products reputation.
Ted that sells Trek bikes.

Sandie

New day and everything is falling into place. The service dept has been very informative as to what they are doing and it looks like we are taking delivery on the 31st as scheduled. So far I am very pleased with our service dept...Can't wait to take it out on Feb 12th to Terribles Lakeside RV resort in Pahrump, NV for its maiden voyage. Hope all goes well.