Short Bed

rjmiv

I am planning on purchasing a 3055RL - I have read the claim but does a Short Bed truck (without a slide hitch) really work? I am going to purchase a 3500 Dodge Laramie quad cab 4X4 and would prefer to have a Short Bed vs the Long Bed. I understand the long bed may be a more stable ride but my main concern is the turning - I don't want to end up with a crushed truck cab and/or Bighorn.

Thanks,

Rick

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have a shortbed extended cab Chevy and have not had to use the slider and see no need. ---Ken

Forrest Fetherolf

rjmiv,

I pull a 3600RL Bighorn with an 06 Silverado extended cab short bed (6.5'). I had the same doubts about the slider, I have never used the slider, I even tightened the slack adjuster bolts on the slider to eliminate any movement (clunking) between the slider rails and hitchpin. Tight turns are no problem and the ride shouldn't be any different between the short and long bed.

Forrest

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Short bed TV

We have a 2006 GMC Ext Cab short bed and a 2006 Bighorn 3055RL. We have a Reese 16K non-slider hitch and haven't had any problem with tight turns. You would really have to jack the tow vehicle beyond about 88 degrees to hit the cab. I wouldn't worry at all about hitting the cab and using a non-slider hitch.

Tom