Leak in Kitchen Window - 2011 MPG 180

mtran868

I have a very small Leak thru the Kitchen Window - 2011 MPG 180. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I was told the window should be one piece and not have any leaks. But I can see a small stream of water coming from the lower right edge. It flows down the MPG wall and onto the countertop. (right behind the kitchen faucet).

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am not familiar with the MPG, but where is the water coming in? Is it coming in between the glass and the frame or the frame and wall?
You might try re-caulking around the top and sides of the window frame. Do not caulk the bottom.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What Dave said. If you know where the water comes in. Get a water hose, no sprayer ,medium flow, and start at the bottom ( never the top) of the suspect area and slowly work your way up the window frame. Have someone watch and yell when the water starts to leak. Inspect that area for bad chalking. Also make sure that the drain holes at the bottom are not plugged with dirt/debris. You might also have a window gasket leaking between the window frame and wall. That will require removing the window assembly to repair. Best I can tell you without being there.