Rear Frame Rails

FordMan1966

I am planning on ordering a 2012 Grand Canyon and I noticed from looking at some differnet floorplans on the lot that some have a hitch on the rear. Some have what appears to be brackets for a hitch and no hitch and some have nothing. I want nothing on mine for clearance in backing in to a steep driveway. What is the difference in the one that has nothing and the one that has what appears to be hich brackets?
Thanks
David

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I am planning on ordering a 2012 Grand Canyon and I noticed from looking at some differnet floorplans on the lot that some have a hitch on the rear. Some have what appears to be brackets for a hitch and no hitch and some have nothing. I want nothing on mine for clearance in backing in to a steep driveway. What is the difference in the one that has nothing and the one that has what appears to be hich brackets?
Thanks
David

Lippert makes a bike rack hitch that will fit onto those brackets. Believe it or not, not everyone at Lippert is aware of it. A couple od users on here have called them to order one and had to call back and get a different sales rep that knew about it. If you don't want it, shouldn't be an issues to order without it from Heartland (check with your dealer!).

FordMan1966

Thanks. I am planning on ordering the Half Body Paint like you have. I really like the Full Body Paint but can't justify the extra money for it. They all look good anyway. I have the same tow vehicle as you do except mine is White.

Lippert makes a bike rack hitch that will fit onto those brackets. Believe it or not, not everyone at Lippert is aware of it. A couple od users on here have called them to order one and had to call back and get a different sales rep that knew about it. If you don't want it, shouldn't be an issues to order without it from Heartland (check with your dealer!).