Fantastic fans

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Need for??? Depends on what you want. We have two. One in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. Same way in our last coach. If you don't have a second AC in the bedroom, that might also be a good place.
They do move a lot more air than the standard fans, but cost a whole bunch more.
I would recommend at least one in the bathroom. JMHO.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depends on how much airflow you want through the rig. The Fantastic Fan is primarily an exhaust fan, and running it will pull air in via the windows and exhaust it out the roof. Most folks have it over the living area/kitchen and it moves a lot of air. If you just want better ventilation in the bedroom or bathroom, the Heng Vortex fan is an easy replacement for the dinky OEM fans, is quieter, and move more air.

Birchwood

We now have one in our bathroom (moved from bedroom as we now have a Penquin in there) and its a huge step up from
the stock fan.Also have one in the Kitchen area and its great.We don't like the rain sensor as it won't work early morning
with the heavy dew.Don't worry about the rain sensor as its a pain in the butt.

pegmikef

Depends on how much airflow you want through the rig. The Fantastic Fan is primarily an exhaust fan, and running it will pull air in via the windows and exhaust it out the roof. Most folks have it over the living area/kitchen and it moves a lot of air. If you just want better ventilation in the bedroom or bathroom, the Heng Vortex fan is an easy replacement for the dinky OEM fans, is quieter, and move more air.

The nice thing about the Heng Vortex fan (besides the lower price) is the fact that you do not have to replace the vent. It comes with complete instructions and is great for replacing the dinky OEM fans. It installs from the inside and takes about ten minutes to install.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
The nice thing about the Heng Vortex fan (besides the lower price) is the fact that you do not have to replace the vent. It comes with complete instructions and is great for replacing the dinky OEM fans. It installs from the inside and takes about ten minutes to install.

Looking at a website for the Heng Vortex it said "non-powered" vents can be converted. I am not sure if they mean a vent with no existing fan or one that opens under power. Can these be used in the stock bathroom vent (manual open but has an existing "noisy" fan)?

JJOren

We've had one in the last 3 rigs we have owned. Going to put one in the new Landmark. Fantastic option. Think of it as an "attic fan" for your RV. Really moves the air!!!

PeternLiane

Love our Fantastic fan. It moves a lot of air. We will be putting one in the bathroom when money allows.

SilverRhino

Looking at a website for the Heng Vortex it said "non-powered" vents can be converted. I am not sure if they mean a vent with no existing fan or one that opens under power. Can these be used in the stock bathroom vent (manual open but has an existing "noisy" fan)?

Yes it will work........and move a lot more air with very little noise! I replaced out small/noisy bathroom fan last summer while on one of our trips after getting tired of listening to the drone of the fan......quick and very simple modification that I would highly recommend.

For anyone is looking at the Fantastic Vent Fans, I purchased 3 of them off ebay last year.
I just checked this while I wrote this post, so the following information is correct as of 10 minutes age.
They are all brand new in the box with 2 year warranty. He is selling them for $212.99 plus shipping.
You will not find them cheaper anywhere else.
Just make sure you are comfortable with dealing with ebay.
I have for years, and had no problems.
Just like everything else, you have to do your homework.
I told my Big Country Dealer what I paid, and he told me they can't by them from the factory for that price.
This is the model 6600R417. 14 speed with remote control. ebay item #320777589826.
One thing to be aware of, if you are not replacing a Fantastic Fan, you will need the deeper trim piece. Most of us have a 5 inch thick roof, and most trim is for a 3 inch roof.
I called the Fantastic Fan Factory in Davidson, Michigan, told them what I needed and they send me out 2 trim pieces. I already had a Fantastic Fan in the Kitchen so I only needed 2 trim pieces.
I love the ones I have. On low speed, you can't hear it run.
Check it out.
I posted this for everyone information.

Hockster

RanCarr

We love our fantastic fan. We have it in the bathroom at one end of the TT. We open a window at the other end and the air flows right through. And that's on the low setting.