Dometic 4-door Refrig.

jandm

Purchased a 2012 Bighorn 3685RL with a 4-door "Dometic" refrig. frost in freezer is excessive,have had to defrost monthly & yes we keep t full. The refrig. part seems not to cool properly. I'm told that only a few new Bighorn's have "dometic" because of problems & have changed to another mfg. Lucky us !!

danemayer

If the freezer is cold enough to keep ice cream and other frozen food frozen, you may just have some warm/moist room air getting in. Check the pivoting seal between the refrigerator doors to make sure it's closing properly. Also, check the door seals by closing the each door on a dollar bill and pulling on the bill. There should be a little drag. If not, the door may be out of adjustment or the seal defective.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Put a thermometer in freezer and fridge and monitor the temps and see what they are. Do you have the temp set on the unit to the coldest? I think #5 is the coldest setting, put it on this and go from there.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Not to defend Dometic, but we're an authorized repair facility for both brands and I see 10 Norcolds for every Dometic. Both are good products, but they are NOT your household refrigerator. They work differently and it will take almost an hour or more under certain conditions to recoup the temp from each door opening. It sounds like there may be some issues with yours given the excessive frost build up.
I would have it looked at by a factory trained facility while it's under warranty.