stackable washer/dryer rip-off

jandm

Purchased a 2012 Bighorn 3685RL from ExploreUSA RV of Texas & had a "Whirlpool" stackable washer/dryed installed. The washer vibrates excessively & the first load (small) in the dryer was still damp after 30 min.,upon inspection I found that the lint filter was packed solid with lint. Looks like EXPLOREUSA RV sold us a used unit..Another reason not to deal with these people !!!!!!!!!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Re: stachable washer/dryed rip-off

jandm, have you contacted Explore USA to let them explain or try to make it right? At least give them a chance.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I don't know anything about the dealer, but if you can get the serial number off the machine, you should be able to find out when it was manufactured by contacting Whirlpool. A used washer/dryer would either have to have been appropriated from a previously-owned trailer they were trying to resell, or a wrecked one that had been scrapped for parts.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

I would email the owner of Explore RV about your issue. He does monitor this site and is responsive to your emails. He will not tolerate any foolishness from his dealerships.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

Explore USA just signed on today as a forum user and has made some new posts. I'm not sure whether they will monitor each thread but if you send them a link to this thread, I'm sure you'll get some action. They seem to be a good company.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Explore USA just signed on today as a forum user and has made some new posts. I'm not sure whether they will monitor each thread but if you send them a link to this thread, I'm sure you'll get some action. They seem to be a good company.
I would suggest contacting them by PM. I don't think we would like to see this forum begin to be used as a tool to get resolution through dealers or possibly open a can of worms. Explore USA is the first dealer I've seen on the Forum and I'm not really sure they're even supposed to be here.

jbeletti

Re: stackable washer/dryed rip-off

We removed the posts from the Explore USA user. We encourage dealers to be on the forum to read it in order to better understand their customers and prospective customers. But we don't want them posting on the forum. Allowing 1 dealer to engage in public would mean to allow hundreds. That would be mayhem.

Back to the OPs issue, good advice has been given here. Thanks forum members!

Contacting and working with the dealer is certainly the best path to resolution. Please let us know how it turns out. Also be advised that dealer bashing is against forum rules, so please be careful.

Jim