Splendide Door Experience

Willym

On my rig last year the Splendide 2100XC combo would not start. It appeared that the machine was not recognizing that the door was closed. I managed to operate the door switch with a screwdriver to prove that it was OK. I then disassembled the door and found that one of the latch hinge pin supports was broken causing the latch to be out of alignment and not engaging the door switch properly. I called Splendide and they wanted $100 for a complete new door which seemed a waste when only one of the frame pieces was required. I, being cheap, then managed to repair and strengthen the support with some wire and epoxy glue. It's still going strong. Fast forward to this year and a neighbour with the same machine tells me that he has the same problem and has ordered a new door on the advice of Splendide. I took his door apart and found nothing broken, but saw that the hinge pin had worked it's way out of one of the supports. I popped it back in and added a little epoxy glue to prevent it from backing out again. The machine now works fine again.

So if your machine has a door switch problem, and you are a little handy, take off the door (2 screws) and then disassemble the door (6 screws) and have a look at the latch hinge pin. Any problems will be obvious and you may have a cheap fix. Be careful not to over tighten the screws when you reassemble the door as they engage in plastic and are short.

I also concluded that slamming the door was not good for the latch and my briefed my laundry manager to close it carefully in future.

Rickhansen

Thanks Bill. We have a 2100XC that has been going strong for 4 years of full-timing. It gets a lot of use. We've had no problems with it at all, except the normal issues of cleaning the lint out of the rear of the drum and vent line periodically. I'll keep an eye on the door operation.