Washer/Dryer door location

Jaru93

Hello everyone. My wife and I just took delivery (2 wks ago) of our new 3010 Cyclone. We had a Splendide w/d installed at the factory and the door opens into the closet. I thought the w/d door wood open into the front of the cabinet where the double doors are. Is our installation normal? The dealer called the rep and was told it is normal this way due to size and hookup consstraints. I haven't done any measurements yet, but I will.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jim & Ruth in Gig Harbor Washington

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
That does seem odd - I too would have expected the front of the washer/dryer to be accessible from the doors on that section of the wall. I do not have a W/D installed but when/if I every go FT in it I was planning on doing just that. I would be very interested in what the solution is for you.

Kevin

Vtxkid

We also have the 3010 HD and have been told that the W/D door would also open into the closet which does seem crazy especiallly since we have doors that give us direct access to the w/d if it was rotated with door facing the dresser. Would like to know what you find out on your measurments...

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
That really seems ODD to me - I'm guessing that the W/D is too deep for the location so it must be installed sideways.

brlr2000

Ours would be facing sideways also. The problem is that the w/d door hinge is on the left (door opens from right to left). So, the closet wall (on the right side) would block the door from opening. Also, all the hookups are on the right side (curb side) of the RV.