Cylone 3800 tire upgrade??

cewing

I am ordering a Cyclone 3800 comes with "E" rated tires on it. 3 axles so 6 tires. I have been reading on other forums about tire upgrade to "G" rated tires. Deal or no Deal. The dealer is getting me a price from Heartland

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
A good E rated tire is all you need. A good quality E rated tire is better than a poor quality G rated. Ask them to install a E rated 10 ply Maxxis tire and all will be good.

rustyshakelford

if ordering, i would upgrade to the goodyear g614s with the 110 psi rims. its cheaper to do it when ordering than after the fact

brett

porthole

Retired
Your lucky to have that option.
When we ordered our Cyclone I was told, now way, absolutely not etc, etc, etc.

Take Brett's suggestion, it is much cheaper now then having to replace tires AND wheels - been there done that

cewing

Your lucky to have that option.
When we ordered our Cyclone I was told, now way, absolutely not etc, etc, etc.

Take Brett's suggestion, it is much cheaper now then having to replace tires AND wheels - been there done that

I was told by Mike Aplin from Heartland that I could up charge from "E" to "G" rated tires but there was no rims option. He did not tell me what brand of tires though!!

TwoGypsies

The 2nd & 3rd axles on the 3800 are quite close together. The common upgrade that a lot of people on the web talk about is to go to LT 235 85R16's. These are too large a diameter, which I learned while stranded with a pair of flat tires. I opted for new Maxxis ST's as an upgrade as my original tires were worn out at 14k miles. A fellow member here posted that LT 245 75R16's will fit, so maybe next time for me.
Having said all this, I'd like to hear the details of any tire or wheel/tire upgrades that the factory might offer. We plan to keep our unit for a very long time.

rustyshakelford

I was told by Mike Aplin from Heartland that I could up charge from "E" to "G" rated tires but there was no rims option. He did not tell me what brand of tires though!!

The factory wheel is 80 psi. The upgraded g-rated tire (Goodyear g614) requires a 110 psi wheel. I ordered the upgrade from the factory when we ordered in jan 2011. They will not put a 110 psi tire on an 80 psi rim. Mike is usually spot on with his info but maybe he misunderstood the question. Our trailer is only a tandem axle rig but it was $600 to upgrade 5 tires/wheels. That's a steal if you ask me. I had a friend who ordered a 3800 also and he also upgraded to the Goodyear tires from the factory. No problem at all

Brett