New Owners of a Cyclone 3912

Liesl_s

We traded our 06 Jayco TT in for a Cyclone 3912 today and we couldn't be more excited! We are taking the truck in to have the hitch put in on Wednesday and should be bringing the Cyclone home the same day. We plan to take an extended weekend trip up to Lake Livingston (north of Houston) over July 4th so we can get it all set up the way we need for the big 2 week family vacation July 14. After lots and lots of research (and tons of reading at forums like this one!) plus much negotiating, we feel we got an awesome deal on it as well (25% off msrp on this hard-to-find new model). Just wanted to share our excitement!

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We absolutely understand your excitement and welcome you to the forum. We've gotten answers to many of our questions here. Be safe and have lots of fun with your new TH!

Just noticed that you're from Conroe. I work, here in Alabama, with a woman from Conroe. Small world indeed.
Sheri

caterscasa

We too recently upgraded our 27' Trail Lite TT for a 08' Cyclone 3912. We are having it delivered this weekend. We still need to upgrade our 03' Dodge 1500 Hemi and are looking for suggestions as to what? My husband prefers Dodge! Be safe and have fun....

jbeletti

caterscasa,

Welcome to the forum. You have to be very excited about this weekend!

My vote is for the RAM 3500 Diesel Dually. Maybe even the Quad Cab or Mega Cab if you need either. I have the QC, Dually, Long bed. If your budget can stand it, even more truck would be better with that 18k GVWR of the trailer. Look at the F450 - A few Heartland product owners have them. Nice trucks.

Whatever you decide, please think it through very well and in your calculations, assume you will be loading the trailer up to the 18k GVWR. Buying the wrong truck can get pretty expensive.

Have fun!!

Jim

caterscasa

Jim,
Not sure where to ask this question but I was just reading that if your a fulltimer, your warranty may be voided if your RV is not designated for full timers. Where can I find this information for the Cyclone 3912? Thanks for the good wishes and truck info...

K

Ken Washington

caterscasa,
I will try to answer your question. There are not any RV's designated or designed for full time use. Everything that is put in a trailer is for part time use only. Heartland and some other manufactures still stand behind their product even if it is being used full time.

Ken

mufflerman

That almost sounds like we are regulated as to how much we can use our R.V.'s.
It dosen't matter if you use 365 days a year or 2, They have the same warranty, in my case it should have been atleast 5 years. Hope you have better luck then me.

Forrest Fetherolf

This bit about these rv's are not designed for full time use, cracks me up!

What makes the difference?

1) Is the rv designed with various hidden self distruct sensors to explode if the doors are opened and closed, or the toilet flushed too often in a short period of time?

2) Is it because the rv's are not designed with the quality to last longer than the warranty period if used every day?

I would vote for #2.;) :D

What say you?

caterscasa

Ken,
Thanks for the info. :) Being new to this forum and other forums it is nice to see others out there who want to help us newbies and don't degrade our questions. I really appreciate it.

A little touchy? You bet! :( If I wanted sarcastic remarks from the peanut gallery I would have gone to a recreation forum. So Ray and Forrest...Unless you can give some helpful advise keep your sarcasim to yourself. Its people like you that keep others from returning with other questions... I'm sure I am not the only one who is interested in the answer:confused: .

mufflerman

caterscasa said:
Ken,
Thanks for the info. :) Being new to this forum and other forums it is nice to see others out there who want to help us newbies and don't degrade our questions. I really appreciate it.

A little touchy? You bet! :( If I wanted sarcastic remarks from the peanut gallery I would have gone to a recreation forum. So Ray and Forrest...Unless you can give some helpful advise keep your sarcasim to yourself. Its people like you that keep others from returning with other questions... I'm sure I am not the only one who is interested in the answer:confused: .

Caterscasa,
I wasn't tring to be sarcastic in any way, Just tring to answer your question. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY DAYS OF THE YEAR YOU USE YOUR R.V.
Signed, THE PEANUT GALLERY

Forrest Fetherolf

caterscasa,

I apologize if you thought my post degraded your question, my reply was not directed "at" you, it was simply out of frustration on my part.

The first time I read about this issue was in the owner's manual after my purchase was completed. When I read this, I questioned whether I had made a mistake with my purchase...who wouldn't? There is no logical reason full-timing should void your warranty other than abuse or products not intended to endure extended use.

I have attached 2 pages of the owner's manual directly pertaining to your question. It appears to me that the owner's manual warning regarding permanent use is only directed to structure, interior finishes, fabrics, carpeting and drapes. I cannot understand why structure is included, but the others make sense. All other materials are covered under separate warranty that does not limit use.

Forrest

Attachments

• Warranty.pdf
    318.3 KB · Views: 16

caterscasa

Forrest,
Thanks for the info. I thought we had made a mistake but after hearing from you and several others I see it does not matter. I guess it is all in the preventive maintenance and how you treat your RV.
Did not mean to be so touchy, but all I wanted was some answers or guidance. Thanks again for your assistance and advise. :)

Forrest Fetherolf

caterscasa,

You didn't make a mistake with your purchase, all of us on this forum experienced what your are now. You might have a few humps and bumps until you get your rv to your liking, don't feel singled out, we all did. The forum members have a lot of knowledge to assist you with your questions. Don't hesitate to ask and be ready for a variety of answers.

Forrest

Liesl_s

We arrived home in our new Cyclone 3912 today and have been outside in it all evening. I even ended up cooking dinner out there! We pulled the travel trailer up at the dealership and pretty much just threw everything in there so I've been trying to get everything in its place. Much harder to do this when there are so many storage options! It was raining most of the time so Tommy spent his evening watching me organize since he couldn't do any of his organization outside. So far the only problem we noticed was the vent hood hanging a little crooked. Since Tommy installs kitchen appliances for a living, it's not surprising that he noticed (I didn't). Obviously an easy fix for him.

If Tommy's work permits, we hope to take an extended trip for the 4th (I'm trying to talk him into commuting to Houston for a week). I'm sure we will have more details on it coming soon.

Sheri - it sure is a small world!

Caterscasa - I'd love to hear more about your 3912 when you get it this weekend. Please keep us posted.

caterscasa

Had our Cyclone delivered on Friday for my husbands birthday. Can't say we have had a great experience:( . RV had to sit at dealership for 5 weeks awaiting on new carpet so we were excited about getting into it. On our walk thru, we found our dealerships maintenance department failed to correct alot of obvious problems, like the bedroom AC was not working (at all), the undercarriage cover was falling apart and the edging under the kitchen cabinets were peeled off. The manager and our sales person were both off and no one seemed to have any answers to why there were so many problems? We were in a bind and had no where to sleep that night so we had them deliver it. We spent the next three nights organizing and putting things away in the many many storage cupboards. I still have soooo much empty space available. Monday we got ahold of the Dealers Manager and he is attempting to have all the items fixed to our satisfaction. Other than the repairs that need to be made, we really love the floorplan and room the Cyclone has in it. The washer/dryer is a huge plus and the booth is soooo comfortable:) .
It rained for two days now and we found the carpet on the corners of the slides are wet.:( My husband checked and adjusted the seals on the slides (they were folded in instead of out). I hope this helps...:) Any suggestions?:confused:
Has anyone else had similar problems with the repairs I have discussed? If so, what if anything can you do or did you do?
I know we should have left the RV at the dealership and refused acceptance but the excitement of moving in it was overwhelming...