3800 questions

bd2dabone

We are considering purchasing the 3800. After many exhaustive hours of researching and then numerous trips to dealers to look now I am confused.

We are looking at inside arrangements with a member of sales staff. My wife pointed out the arrangement on this 2nd 3800 is different than the 1st 3800 we have inspected. The 2nd one apparently is one of the 2012 1/2 because it has the 40 inch tv and the small awning over the side exit door toward the rear. Now here is where the confusion comes, the2nd unit has a long sofa running from the inside garage door forward to the front exit door. The 1st 3800 has a short sofa with a separate dinette table with sofa style seats that converts to a sleeper. Looking around online I see both configurations in fact I see a 3rd configuration with the small sofa/dinette and instead of the sofa seats at the dinette table, it has chairs.

So whats up with all these different configurations on the same floor plan? Is just a variation?
tks
steve

jimtoo

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

There are a lot of "unwritten options" that the dealer could have ordered and also it could be a mid year change. Pick the one you like and join the Heartland family. If things are not quite like you like it,,, make a call and ask if something could be modified.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Steve,
I purchased the 2012 3800 just a few months ago and my version has the bottom sleeper that converts to the benches with the table in the center. For me I thought this was a good fit to be able to pull the rear screen down if needed and have a lunch in the garage or with families with small kids it would be good for ease of clean up after than to have a mess in the living area. Good luck finding the right version to meet your needs. The 3800 is new for this year so like Jim said it may be mid year changes.

jimtoo

Steve,
I purchased the 2012 3800 just a few months ago and my version has the bottom sleeper that converts to the benches with the table in the center. For me I thought this was a good fit to be able to pull the rear screen down if needed and have a lunch in the garage or with families with small kids it would be good for ease of clean up after than to have a mess in the living area. Good luck finding the right version to meet your needs. The 3800 is new for this year so like Jim said it may be mid year changes.

Hi Harley-Cyclone2012,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for your view of the arrangements. The factory has options that are not printed and will work with the customer on some of the changes that may be wanted. But here again, the factory has limits.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

bd2dabone

Right Harley. Looks like I was clear as mud on my explanation. I was referring to the sofa & dinette in the "den/kitchen" area.

porthole

Retired
When we did teh Cyclone plant tour back in June there where a bunch of 3800's on the line. I saw three different floor plan layouts. One that piqued my interest turned out to be a special order and not a standard arrangement.

adam

We had a "early" production 2012 3800 with the sofa/dinette arrangement. Our first choice would have been the long couch set-up as we felt it just lends itself to family and friend get togethers versus the seperate sofa and dinette config. Its just that we couldn't find a 3800 in the right colours with the long sofa. As a side note the inflatable sofa bed is really nice!

As it turned out our 3800 was storm damaged and after much deliberation we chose to switch to the 370C for our replacement coach. We loved the livingroom plan of the 3800 but........
at 6'1" I hit my head more than once going through the sliding doors into the garage! - you would have thought I would have learned to duck my head!! The 3950 and 370C have solid entry doors to the garage from the livingroom.

Search around for the right floorplan that works for your personal tastes. Find a dealer who will let you get into and spend as much time in each model that makes it to your short list! And choose from there.

drzr

Hello! We bought '12 model which has the long couch, prefer it as to us it's just more homey, can always use the small tv type trays for more folk as its to us more practical than the big table that came with it.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
We try to incorporate our "MEGA" slide that is 11 1/2' long (with over 7 1/2' of head room) into as many floor plans as possible "to optimize the living space". This slide out also gives us a lot of options in what we can do to the furniture configurations. Our 3800 comes standard with the huge L- shaped couch that has three recliners built into it (like a lot of the newer residential furniture). This has by far been our most popular configuration giving people 3 separate reclining chairs, massive couch, and two separate smaller dinette tables, however you also have the choice of a booth - dinette / couch combo or free standing dinette / couch combo. We have even gone as far as replacing the couch with a couple chairs, or shipping with nothing into the slide out at all (customers wanted to put there own furniture into it. We try to what ever we can to make the customer happy which ever way you choose is your personal choice, and we will do what ever we can to accommodate for what works best for you.

isenpedot

Where are the 3 recliners? I think we only have one in our 2012 3800 and it is over where there are the 2 chairs on the kitchen side.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The three recliners are in the huge sofa on the door side of the unit, you might have the type before that has the pull out extenson on the end depending on when you bought the unit.