electric tongue jack

9-larry

I just put a electric jack on my 26BRSS and woundered if you need a kill switch hidden so someone can't come along and run jack up or down?

Manzan

Re: electric toung jack

To my knowledge, it has never happened on ours. It sits facing an alley the city now calls a street and school kids use it every day. We have had a trailer sitting there for almost 23 years.

PeternLiane

We'll be putting an electric tongue jack on this year. We never had to have anything protecting the regular tongue jack. I wont be putting anything on the electric one either.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Larry, I would put an inline fuse or circuit breaker in the system. It serves two purposes. It protects from over extending the gear and smoking the motor and you can remove it so no one can fool with it. I prefer the circuit breaker cause if you mess up it will reset and you don't have to carry fuses. Did this on our last TT and never had a problem.

pegmikef

I have never had a problem on two different trailers. I always keep a cover on it when I am not towing, but I don't think that is much of a deterrent.

wpd3004

I am looking to purchase an electronic tongue jack. I am purchasing a NT 21FBS, is there a specific manufacture I should look at. I will install it myself. Any advise and suggestions are greatly welcomed.

pegmikef

I use the Barker VIP 3500 on my North Trail and before that on an Edge M21. It works great and has for two years. Takes ten minutes to install. It has an inline fuse with it. I bought it online and it cost about 200 including shipping. I bought it from a vendor on EBAY as the vendor had the lowest price. When buying any of the jacks make sure you get the correct diameter. I just looked at ebay and there are a few from 199.

Manzan

And make sure you have a good ground! The star washer they provide should be enough but. . . . .

APT

I have had no problems with my $100 shipped refurbished Ultra Fab 3502.

wpd3004

Since I don't have my TT yet, I am expecting it at the end of the month, I have been shopping on line for the jack. I ordered a NT 21FBS 2012. Do I need a 18 inch travel length or a 24? And does anyone know the diameter of the post?

pegmikef

I think mine is the longer one and I have needed it at a couple of places where some of the sites are a little steep (front to back) and I have had to raise the tongue pretty high to get level. Whatever the Barker 3500 is is the length I have and it works well.