2012 32BUDS Caliber Edition

teamlkc

Hi,

We're comparing the 2012 Laredo 303TG to the 2012 32BUDS and notice that the finish is a bit nicer in the Laredo. Does anyone have experience with the Caliber edition? I can't get any pictures of the 2012 Caliber and wanted to see if the finishes were much nicer on the Caliber over the regular 32BUDS edition. We're getting close to making a decision and want to be sure it's one we're comfortable with.

Also, noticed that the heat registers are in the cabinets as opposed to the floor, which I think is much nicer so you're not walking on them. But how does the floor and underbelly stay warm with that set-up? We're in Colorado and want to do some winter camping.

Thanks,
Kevin

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kevin, I've not seen either rig you are comparing but maybe you can get a good idea from the Heartland Website LINK HERE. The options list shows what comes in the Caliber Edition. It sounds nice for sure. Don't forget about Heartlands great customer service.

RuralPastor

Hey Kevin,
Glad to hear you're looking at a Caliber. Ours is a year old now, and after 10,000 miles and 100 nights, we are very happy with it. Quality is very good in the TT market. Our cabinets are cherry finished hardwood, very nice indeed. We've made a few mods, not out of necessity, but desire. Some of ours are listed above in this post. Ask any questions you'd like. We'll try to answer anything honestly.

Forgot to mention: the underbelly is heated from a furnace duct (4") right from the furnace. Works well, but haven't used ours below zero yet. I plan to do some mods in this area as well, once it warms up a bit.

Mark
Hi,

We're comparing the 2012 Laredo 303TG to the 2012 32BUDS and notice that the finish is a bit nicer in the Laredo. Does anyone have experience with the Caliber edition? I can't get any pictures of the 2012 Caliber and wanted to see if the finishes were much nicer on the Caliber over the regular 32BUDS edition. We're getting close to making a decision and want to be sure it's one we're comfortable with.

Also, noticed that the heat registers are in the cabinets as opposed to the floor, which I think is much nicer so you're not walking on them. But how does the floor and underbelly stay warm with that set-up? We're in Colorado and want to do some winter camping.

Thanks,
Kevin

M

Mcreech

Kevin,

Let me answer the heat question first. The North Trail has a duct running to the underbelly so it heats the tanks. Also you picked up on a feature. The north Trail does not cut a hold in your floor. We do that for 2 reason. One is that dirt / sand can get into those ducts and then blow all over the place when the furance is on. Secondly, we dont want the floor to go soft and that can happen when you are cutting holes in the middle of your walk way. We think retail spend hard earned money and we want to give them the best built unit we can. This is the same reason why we lamainate our roof....Do me a favor, go hit the North Trail ceiling, hit it as hard as you can. Then go hit the Laredo........

Then tell me what investment ( Trailer) you think will last longer.... Remeber you are driving this TT down the highway at 60 mph for what 7-10 years.....

I've worked at 4 differrent manufactures over 14 years and I can tell you the North Trail is the better built unit....

I hope this helps....

Mike C

teamlkc

Mike,
I'm having a heck of a time finding any detailed pictures of the 32BUDS Caliber with fiberglass cap and interior features. Do you know of anywhere where I can locate them? I'm in Colorado and believe that the local RV America dealer might, but no pictures online. Looking forward to viewing your Youtube video on the NT once I get home, but could use some guidance here if you have any ideas?

M

Mcreech

Kevin,
If you goto the Heartland web site (www.heartlandrvs.com) click on light weight TT, then click on North Trail, then click floorplan, then scroll down and find the 32BUDS, from there click the camera icon for pics....This shows both interior of the non caliber and caliber...I'm looking for a pic of the outside with the cap...Maybe try our facebook page...some owner will be glad to post a pic of there caliber with a cap

fjm039

Kevin,

I have a 2012 32 BUDS. Great trailer and the finish is one of the nicest we have seen and one of the things that helped us make our decision. I will try to post some pics after I get home of the exterior and the interior.

Jeff

CliffP

Mike,
My wife and I purchased a 32BUDS Caliber Edition this fall. It is a beautiful camper. When we bought it I was under the impression North Trail bought Caliber and that all 32BUDS were now Caliber Editions. Would you please clarify?

CliffP

Just uploaded pictures of our camper. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be!

teamlkc

Mike,
I spoke with a dealer here in Denver and he said that the 32BUDS was going to be having some changes next year, but didn't qualify his comment. Are you aware of changes that can be shared with the group?
Thanks,
Kevin

FoCoNoCo

teamlkc, I was just on a dealer website today for RVAmerica and there are some decent photos. also, check on YouTube, there is an out of state dealer that has a video of a 32BUDS Caliber Edition, but has some good representations there that are easy to see. Was just at RVAmerica in Loveland this weekend looking at the same model as you. I believe that the Aurora and Wheat Ridge locations both stock one as well.

M

Mcreech

Mike,
My wife and I purchased a 32BUDS Caliber Edition this fall. It is a beautiful camper. When we bought it I was under the impression North Trail bought Caliber and that all 32BUDS were now Caliber Editions. Would you please clarify?

A couple of years ago, Heartland made a product called Caliber which was a higher end North Trail. What we did last year was combine North Trail and Caliber into one brand. Saying that, we still have 2 levels of North Trail, The standard North Trail and then the Caliber addition..... So the Caliber package is an option within the North Trail..

I hope that helps

M

Mcreech

Mike,
I spoke with a dealer here in Denver and he said that the 32BUDS was going to be having some changes next year, but didn't qualify his comment. Are you aware of changes that can be shared with the group?
Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin, We always make some minor changes to the product from year to year but I can tell you we just finished a major overhaul last summer, so nothing major will be changing for next year....Thanks Mike