Underbed Storage

Liesl_s

We noticed yesterday that there was no under bed storage on the Cyclone 3912 we are purchasing. Since there are so many other features of the 3912 that we like and the abundant amount of storage in the unit, we thought we would be fine without this extra storage area. However, we have owned many different rv's throughout the years and they always had this storage area. We were not really concerned enough to ask the salesman about it at the time. Now, Im reading posts on this board and people mention lifting up the bed. Is that feature that was removed on the new '08 models or am I just reading the others posts wrong?

Sol

Our 3210 does not have under bed storage either. We have lifted the bed platform to find most of the space is consumed by slide mechanism. We have plenty of other storage areas around the unit that have compensated for lack of under bed.

Liesl_s

We too realized that this space is used by the slide. And you're right, there really is enough other storage available. :)

Gamer1524

Liesl_s said:
We too realized that this space is used by the slide. And you're right, there really is enough other storage available. :)

as far as too much space...you should talk to my wife...there is never enough space:eek: We have seen some other models that give you a plastic bin...it's about 1/4 the space...but would be great for a blanket for two....We vote for space under the bed no matter how small:D :D

v92c

Texan
We attended the Fall Rally in Houston and spoke with Ray from Heartland. When we toured the 2008 Landmark and Bighorn we noticed the same thing. So we asked why there was no underbed storage. He said that they have had trouble with the smaller slide units so they went to a more stout unit that is much larger.

Hopefully we wont have trouble with our old small unit.

G

gregd

no storage due to the slide out. But notice how clean and open the storage in else where.

happyrover

Under bed storage

I am a little confused about this under bed storage in the 2008 Landmark. I have a 2008 Landmark and has a nice large storage space under the king master bed. 58 inches wide, 32 inches long and 10 inches deep. I can't understand why the space would be eliminated. Someone please enlighten us (Jim). They must have made some major changes. Picked up my Landmark in May 2007. Have had a few minor problems but nothing that would cause me to get rid of it or not buy another Heartland product.
Mel & Nina (Happyrovers)None

John, you just added one to my "HoneyDo" list with the bed thing, Patti asked me to do it (without reading the forum = you're off the hook)... By the way, did you see my thread on pin box change ? I no longer have a problem with TV/RV clearance, I have almost a foot between the lowered tailgate and RV... once again I'm a happy camper ! I now feel comfortable enough to hook up without a spotter. Tom