Checklist for new camper inspection before delivery

CliffP

My wife and I purchased a 2012 32BUDS in late November. We asked the dealer to store it for the winter and we're planning on picking it up late March / early April. Our dealer found a big issue while they were moving it to get ready for a snowstorm, called us about it, and sent it back to Heartland for repair. If there is anything else wrong with it I'd like to find out before we pick it up not in the middle of camping season. Does anyone know of a good checklist to use to look for problems before we take delivery? Is there anything that isn't really obvious to check? Thanks in advance.
Cliff

PeternLiane

My wife and I purchased a 2012 32BUDS in late November. We asked the dealer to store it for the winter and we're planning on picking it up late March / early April. Our dealer found a big issue while they were moving it to get ready for a snowstorm, called us about it, and sent it back to Heartland for repair. If there is anything else wrong with it I'd like to find out before we pick it up not in the middle of camping season. Does anyone know of a good checklist to use to look for problems before we take delivery? Is there anything that isn't really obvious to check? Thanks in advance.
Cliff

Here is a link to the Heartland Wiki PDI Pre Delivery Inspection. The Wiki has some good information //heartlandowners.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=PDI
The Wiki is at the top of the web page.

PeternLiane

Oh Those are some nice pictures of your 32BUDS. Congratulations on your purchase. We've only been out once since out purchase. I know I can't wait to go out again only 3 more months.

CliffP

They told me that one of the sides was delaminating. Stuff happens, Heartland will take care of it, said they have to replace the whole side. I'm just happy they noticed it before we picked it up and hope its ready to go by the end of March. Thanks for the link PeternLiane!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, I bet your glad they found it before they passed it off to you. That should save you a lot of hassle.

Check the tires for dry-rot, Mine was a year old with only 500 miles on them and had to buy new tires brand name was duro tires they dry-rot fast...

CliffP

Our camper made it back to the dealer Thursday! We are very pleased with the service by both our dealer (Freedom RV in Slinger WI) and with Heartland/North Trail. Its nice to know how good they both were at taking care of us. The paperwork for the repair was faxed to us Monday 1/23 and the camper was back at the dealer Thursday 2/9 so it was about two weeks turn around. As unfortunate as it was to have a problem they took care of things quickly. Impressive! We're still shooting for delivery towards the end of March and will take our time with the PDI. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Cliff

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Cliff, good to hear that you have been taken care of.
If you have not already, I encourage you to sign up for Campfest. That is the dealer appreciation event that the Wagner group puts on in September.
It is a fun time and they do a really good job.
Talk to Gary, maybe you can work out a special deal. And even at the full rate it is still a bargain for what you get.

Peace
Dave

lorax

I've read a lot of good things about Heartland. That's why we bought our Prowler. My sense is that your dealer is careful about the products they sell. I'm sure you'll be taken care of. Good Luck and safe travels.
Ted