jbeletti

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Nuevo Progreso, Mexico

Details:
  • Meet: 10 am

• Event Leader: jbeletti(click to contact)

Additional Info:

A few of us down here in the Rio Grande Valley are going to Nuevo Progreso, Mexico for a couple hours (shopping and lunch).
We're planning to meet in a parking lot north of the border crossing, on the west side of FM 1015. It's $2 to park there. Then we'll walk across.

There's no signup for this. Just a few of us getting together. If you want to cross over with us, meet us in the lot. See the image below/attached to see where this lot is.

nuevo_progreso_map.jpg

Last edited:

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I'm in....for next year! Stop having all this fun without me! Enjoy anyway!

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
The HOC has just too much fun... We have togo back to Corpus Sat. and rest. We have had just too much fun down here in Mission Area..
See ya'll in Gillette.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Dan and Karen, it's too bad that you've gotta head back but I understand how it is when you're the adopted Aransas Pass Chapter Leader.

We're gonna have some more fun in Mexico!

olcoon

I was just wondering if the Meet & Greet is still on? We are planning on going, but don't want to get there & find out it's been canceled because of the weather or whatever!

jayc

Roy, it's still on! A little cold weather never stopped us, so come on over.

olcoon

I should have known I didn't need to ask. Heartlanders aren't wimps & afraid of the weather! But we still won't drink the water!

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
The Margrarita's are OK to drink... ya gotta have one... really good.. The outside stand in the courtyard next to the bridge on the way back.. Where Jay goes to the dentist..

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
These were my old stomping grounds as a child. My grandmother lived in McAllen on Houston Street, and we went to all of the border towns in Mexico during the 50's-70's. Lots of fun back then. I'm rather hesitant to do so these days. A friend of ours is a Border Patrol Agent, and he doesn't have many good things to say about the region. Be safe in your adventures.

jayc

Roy, we've had water, coffee and margaritas and no one has gotten sick yet. The food is good too.

We'll see you in the morning!

jbeletti

11 of us had a really nice time today in Mexico.

We meet in a parking lot on the north side of the border at 10 am and walked across together, some of us pausing to take pictures on the bridge, right at the border.

Then we moved as a group from shop, to pharmacy to shop and finally to a bakery/restaurant for lunch. Had a really nice lunch.

Then we moved further south down the street, from shop to shop. Just a really nice time hanging out and taking in some local color.

Jim

IMG_0630.jpg IMG_0633.jpg IMG_0631.jpg IMG_0632.jpg IMG_0634.jpg IMG_0636.jpg IMG_0637.jpg IMG_0638.jpg IMG_0639.jpg IMG_0640.jpg IMG_0641.jpg IMG_0642.jpg

hcriddle

Looks like you guys had a great time down there. Be safe getting back home. See you down the road in the future.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
For those that went south this morning, how was the security level? I know that safety in numbers is always a requirement, but did anyone feel threatened at all while out and about? We will be there later this year and we definitely will want to travel to Mexico.

jayc

We've been over at least 6 times before today and have never felt threatened in any way. Today was no different and we all had a good time. I think that Nuevo Progresso is the best place to cross the border.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jay, thanks for the info. I used to live in El Paso and crossed over all the time. Looking forward to doing it again.

jayc

Kelly, I don't think I would go across at El Paso any more.

Enjoying your blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.