2013 Goshen, IN - Heartland Gives Back (Babies Wrapped in Love)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul & Nan

Just wondering are we doing this this year as I have started working on some and wonder if I should continue. Let me know. Thanks Nan

jbeletti

Re: Blankets for babes at the Gillette rally

Hi Nan. We were just talking about you and Paul tonight - wondering if you were down here in south Teas or elsewhere this winter.

As for the baby blankets, no one is heading that up for Gillette at this time. I'd say, finish the one you're working on. If nothing comes together for Gillette, you'll be ahead for Goshen 2013, should we do it again there.

Cheryl!!! Where are you? :)

Jim

dieselsweetheart

I'm here! Yes, save the blankets for Goshen unless someone wants to head that idea up for Gillette. Gillette is cold too in the winter!!!

But I will be sponsoring my "Babies Wrapped in Love" program in '13 in Goshen.

Thanks for asking!

Paul & Nan

Hi Nan. We were just talking about you and Paul tonight - wondering if you were down here in south Teas or elsewhere this winter.

As for the baby blankets, no one is heading that up for Gillette at this time. I'd say, finish the one you're working on. If nothing comes together for Gillette, you'll be ahead for Goshen 2013, should we do it again there.

Cheryl!!! Where are you? :)

Jim

Jim, we are in East TX this winter. Still have to get the rest of the damage fixed on the rig from our problem in Memphis. Dealer is waiting on parts from Lippert.

thibideau

Have purchased some yarn in anticipation of "Babies Wrapped in Love" for 2013. A very worthy cause

dieselsweetheart

Thank you!! Can we break our record???

Also, don't forget... someone at the Goshen rally mentioned about saving those pop tabs from cans....so don't forget to save those too for Goshen 13....

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Just wondering what the dimensions for the blankets. Do they have to be made from yarn or can they be mini quilts?

jbeletti

Re: Blankets for babes at the Goshen 2013 rally

Hi Karen,

Cheryl will likely see this and let you know some customary dimensions.

For all - I changed the title of this thread to Goshen 2013 as we're not doing the baby blankets for Gillette.

Jim

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Blankets for babes at the Goshen 2013 rally

Hi! I'd like more information on the blanket project please. Dimensions. Material and anything else I need to know. Thanks!

Joy

dieselsweetheart

Blankets can be knitted or crocheted, 30" to 40" square or 30" x 36" if you want a rectangular afghan. This would be a good general size. Also, the fleece tie blankets were very popular last year too. Thanks for asking!!! We had some amazing blankets last year....the patterns and colors were gorgeous!!!

Ann_Mayer

Re: Babies Wrapped in Love Blanket Drive for Goshen rally '13

Hi Cheryl,

I loom knit hats with cocoons (buntings). Could you use some of these?

Ann

dieselsweetheart

Absolutely Ann....anything a baby would wear...will be much appreciated!

VKTalley

Cheryl, I would love to contribute to this drive! Any yarn in particular? I am part of a prayer shawl ministry at my church and when we do baby items, we use only machine washable yarns, so I was wondering. I can make those type items while riding in our truck, nice portable projects.

kowAlski631

Hi, Cheryl - we were hoping to be at the Goshen Rally, but we have another commitment out west that won't let us be there. Is there any way that I can get baby blankets to you so that they can be included or do you have any other suggestions? I can't just sit with my hands idle and either knit or crochet all the time (when I'm not on-line, of course).

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)

Hello Cheryl, We attended the MO rally and a bunch of us went to the local Quilt shop. We found a pattern for Self binding Baby Blankets made out of Flannel. Would those work for your drive? I still work and can sew up some faster then I can crochet or knit blankets.I would love to contribute.

Wife of Oscar8499
Mary Troyer Maisack
Mary Troyer Maisack
Centerpoint. IN 47840

May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.
May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content with yourself just the way you are.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps. if you are not willing to move your feet.

This sounds fun! Is this going to be something we do in Goshen 2013? I would love to be a part of it! I am sure others in my Chapter would be as well!

Paul & Nan

Hey Angela, maybe we can arrange to make a project for the OK rally in April for this. It was so amazing in 2011 in Goshen. I already have a couple of blankets made. Let's get with Donna on doing something. Let me know.

I think it is a wonderful idea. But I will be at our Good Sams National Rally the same week we have our Oklahoma Chapter meeting. So I will not be there. :(

dieselsweetheart

Hello ladies! Now that the holidays are over it's time to focus on the Goshen rally and the "Babies Wrapped in Love" (Heartland Gives Back) initiative. In case you are new and wonder what this is about...we are "giving back" to the Goshen/Elkhart community with our efforts in helping to keep babies warm and feeling the love with your handcrafted baby blankets (and other items if you have that talent, I myself can only crochet the blankets)....in 2011 we turned over 189 blankets, numerous booties, hats, etc to the Women's shelters in that area... if you were there, you know how overwhelmed I was at the site of bags and bags of items (when I only set a goal for 50)....the ladies were awesome in their skills and generosity!! If you don't have the knit/crochet talent, we also had the fleece tie blankets (no sew) and we had some store bought items...which were much appreciated as well!!!

If you would like more information about our blanket drive, please do not hesitate to message me! I look forward to hearing from you.

Crochet away!!! Sending you big hugs for your past donations!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.