Question on Adjustability of Stove Burners

patmcd

:(We recently purchased a 3670 Big Horn and now finding out that only one burner on the stove has the ability to control the flame. The other two are on full blast or off. Is this common?

Jim Beletti said:
As more Heartland products are sold, the Heartland Owners Forum userbase seems to grow at a similar rate.

As such, the sheer volume of questions posted in the ASK THE FACTORY (ATF) forums for the various products has skyrocketed. This has begun to overwhelm the factory and their ability to answer all the questions in as timely and thorough of a manner as everyone would like.

While most of us feel that Scott, Coley and others have done a great job of keeping up so far, we as a user community really need to provide them some relief.

This is a delicate subject to be certain, and I do not wish to diminish the usefulness of the ATF forums, but we may have to compromise somewhat.

To this end, below are some guidelines that I respectfully ask everyone to do their best to adhere to with respect to the ATF forums:
  1. Use the Search feature of the forum using key words for the issue that you seek factory input on as it may have already been discussed.
  2. Contact your or any Heartland dealer. Especially for pre-sales questions.
  3. Post your question in a specific forum for your issue (for example, Electrical, Plumbing, General etc.). Often times, several other users will have the experience and/or knowledge to help
  4. Contact other owner/users on this forum via email or Private Message (PM) if you'd rather not post your question/issue in a public location
I'll continue to think on this topic and will revise these guidelines over the coming weeks. If you have any specific input for me on this topic, I welcome that. Please email or PM me.

Thank you,

Jim Beletti
Admin

jbeletti

patmcd,

What brand/model of stove do you have? Does it have an oven as well?

I never noticed so I just asked Nancy. She tells me that on ours, the back 2 burners are just on/off and the front burner is adjustable. I believe ours is an Atwood brand.

Here's a link to Atwood's website. Perhaps this is the brand you have??

In case you ever need to contact them, here's Atwood's Customer Service number and a link to their email form: (574) 264-2131 / email form.

Jim

billd

In all of the 5th wheels I have looked at only have one adjustable burner. Some of the cook tops in the motorhomes have 3 adjustable burners but no oven.

Bill

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Our Play-Mor had a Suburban stove which had three adjustable burners and an oven. Now I'm wondering about our new Landmark. This is a problem that I would never have thought to ask about. Personally I can't imagine why they would even make a burner that wasn't adjustable.:confused:

Sheri

jimtoo

After the above post, I just had to check our stove out in our 08 3055rl Bighorn. It is a Magic Chef with oven. The rear burners are adjustable, the valves are only 1/4 turn from off to full on, and the knobs are not marked like the front burner, indicating low to high. But they are adjustable.

Tom of Ypsi

We have an Amana stove top with no oven in our 05 Landmark and all of the burners are adjustable. Judy states that they work like a brick and stick range. I would not know I am in charge of the BBQ.

5erWonk

I echo jimtoo and nhunter, this is very common on RVs. Both of my 5th wheels and my TT had the same configuration, now that I think of it they all had Magic Chef ranges.

Enjoy!!!

Pulltab

I agree with the burners are not marked for variable heat but as said just make small adjustments to control the flame. Works great our ours.

phranc

Ours (w/oven) is the same configuration.. The front burner is fully adjustable with markings and the rear 2 are not marked and may be carefully adjusted..Stoves have changed in the last several years,and not necessarily for our benefit..

ChopperBill

One of the burners on ours would not light with the striker, had to use a match. Pulled the top off the stove and found the tube going to that burner was just laying on the stove top. Snapped it into place and it now works as the others. Have an Atwood in the TC and all burners are fully adjustable. Don't know why the ones in the BH are not.