Shattered dual pane window?

Lance & Jo

Went to open the sliding window in the DS slide this afternoon and discovered the inner payne was shattered, looks kinda like the old saftey glass windows in cars that would shatter in the heat. Will call CS Monday but wondered if anybody else has had to deal with this and how they made the repair.

Firerad1

Re: Shattered dual payne window?

We picked up our Bighorn 2012 3585 RL on Jan. 18 in Elkhart, and on Jan. 29 our curb side slider window over the couch shattered with a loud bang and several minutes of splintering. We had been parked for two days. David from CS had to talk to their window supplier. David called me later the same day, said they don't warranty windows, yet they were going to replace the window since we just bought the RV. He is shipping it to Arizona for installation, since it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get. Thanks to David and Heartland.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Shattered dual payne window?

We picked up our Bighorn 2012 3585 RL on Jan. 18 in Elkhart, and on Jan. 29 our curb side slider window over the couch shattered with a loud bang and several minutes of splintering. We had been parked for two days. David from CS had to talk to their window supplier. David called me later the same day, said they don't warranty windows, yet they were going to replace the window since we just bought the RV. He is shipping it to Arizona for installation, since it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get. Thanks to David and Heartland.
Strange that they don't warranty the windows on a new rig. I guess it makes sense in a way though. Who's to say how a window may break? I suppose the best avenue for Lance & Jo would be an insurance claim under the comprehensive. Especially since their trailer is an 08.
Lance, once you get the window, they are very easy to install. I don't think they replace individual glass sections. Only the entire window, frame & all.