ATF: Big Country - low point water drains

hughd03

can only find one drain hose under rv and dealer stated that was the water tank. where are the cold and hot water low point drains supposed to be on a 2012 3450ts big country? plus there is what appears to be a water line on the kitchen slide near the frame but has no valve what is this for? don't believe this is the frig drain since it is inside cabinet into a pan near the heat chamber.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that they stopped putting in low point drains a couple of years ago.
How big is the water line of which you speak? 1/4"? Do you have an ice maker?

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Heartland discontinued low point drains sometime in 2009 or 2010, as I recall. If the water line you are refering to is a 1/2" white plastic corrugated tube, that's the drain from the drip pan under the cooling fins inside the refrigerator. Careful with that one because it gets brittle and starts to break if you even talk harshly to it. Normally that drain peeks out through the grill behind the refer on the outside wall. If it's something like a 1/4" plastic line, it may be for a prep for an ice maker option in the freezer section. Is it connected to anything or just sitting there open ended?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry - there is not a drain like in the old days for the hot/cold lines. There is only one drain on the UDC side underneath in front of the axle. We found that out when we went to drain our coach in December getting ready to winterize her.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
As others stated...no low point drains on our Big Country either!

hughd03

thanks to all for the responses. no drain sounds a bit weird especially when trying to winterize, plus i hate to leave water in the hot water tank. the other hoses I found, was one against the frame under the kitchen slide and directly on the opposite side of rv under the dining slide against frame. I am beginning to believe that the two lines with a 90 deg elbow on each (no valve) might be lines for a leveler system (the remaining two hydraulic feet) which I do not have at this time

Willym

You drain the hot water tank (and you need to do this) by removing the anode/drain plug after depressurizing the system and bypassing the tank. IIRC, a 1 and 1/8" (1.125") socket is required for the plug. A little water will be left in the tank, but this will not hurt.

thanks to all for the responses. no drain sounds a bit weird especially when trying to winterize, plus i hate to leave water in the hot water tank. the other hoses I found, was one against the frame under the kitchen slide and directly on the opposite side of rv under the dining slide against frame. I am beginning to believe that the two lines with a 90 deg elbow on each (no valve) might be lines for a leveler system (the remaining two hydraulic feet) which I do not have at this time

Ours is an 09, and three of our friends that have 2010 models, do not have low point drains, we asked back then about it, and Heartlanf said, they have discontinued them, we live in a colder climate, and they sure do come in handy, when winterizing