Thorough shakedown...

Swanny59

My DW and just wrapped up a 1500+ mile trip to the Grand Canyon and back with our new Sundance. It was our third trip and I have no complaints and did not discover any warranty issues. We visited Quartzsite, Lake Havasu, Williams, AZ and Barstow, CA. What a great trip. Went to the RV show in Quartzsite. In Williams we experienced sub-freezing weather. The first night we utilized space heaters and the fireplace. The 5er was warm enough but when we awoke learned that our water hose had frozen solid and our water pump did not work due to frozen lines because of no warm air to the underbelly. Did not make the same mistake the second night. Ran the furnace and everything was great the following morning. When we ran the furnace the A/C fan ran all night. (After getting back home I researched the forum and discovered how to put the fan in auto mode instead of the Hi setting it was at.) I want to let everyone know that our purchasing experience was great and that Heartland and our Dealer (See Grins RV, Gilroy, CA) did an outstanding job with our unit.

Minor problems were encountered... The television had lousy reception our 3rd stop. After checking outside connections looked inside and the cable going into the wall connector came off. When the tv is in the stowed position it forced the cable to bend 90 degrees. A couple of 90 deg. F connector adaptors fixed that problem. I also noticed the caulking coming loose under the nose where the kingpin is. I will buy some caulk and fix this. In the three trips, 2000+ miles we had the opportunity to use every system of the unit and everything worked great. WOW. Thank you Heartland and See Grins!:):):)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
That's great to hear. Glad you enjoyed your trip and your new Sundance! We can't wait to get into that area of the country!

lorax

Glad to hear that you had a great first trip. The Grand Canyon must be cold at this time of year. We are in the third week of our first trip and so far so good. Take Care. Safe travels.
Ted

Sandie

So glad you had a great first trip...that always makes the experience worth while. We are taking our new Elkridge out for her first trip on Feb. 12th. Hoping everything goes smoothly too.