3055RL Bedroom sink O'Head cabinet

MTPockets

We love our 3055RL, but after a bit of head banging and realizing the O'head cabinet was in the way for easy and convenient use, I took it down and rearranged that corner. I used the lights from the old cabinet and mounted the door on the wall, then added a second mirror and stainless steel wall container. We like the change - it brightens the corner as well. Since we did not order the bedroom TV, I also built a cabinet with latching doors and mounted it over the dresser, so we have the better corner, and the storage.

Oh... I also had to get paint custom blended to match moulding color for corner and ceiling peices.....

DSCN7232.jpg

Last edited:

donr827

Really nice job. Might do the same to ours once we get it and try it out. Did you get drawings from customer service before putting new screws in the wall?
Don

MTPockets

I didn't ask for dwgs., but did inquire and afterward felt I would be fine. Wiring is at ceiling and/or up from floor. Light is mounted in same relative position as original, using same wires where they came from inside the wall.. The mirrors are screwed about where the screws for the original cabinet was mounted, and the new cabinet weight is supported by the cabinet that it rests on. Four screws thru 4 L brackets into wall. Same type of screw that held on the original cabinet, only shorter. It's not going anywhere. I looked for a suitable cabinet at Lowes, etc... Couldn't find one I liked that would latch shut so things would stay put during travel, so I made this one. Total weight difference (cabinet, mirror, SS shelf) old/vs new = one lb. less.

donr827

I didn't ask for dwgs., but did inquire and afterward felt I would be fine. Wiring is at ceiling and/or up from floor. Light is mounted in same relative position as original, using same wires where they came from inside the wall.. The mirrors are screwed about where the screws for the original cabinet was mounted, and the new cabinet weight is supported by the cabinet that it rests on. Four screws thru 4 L brackets into wall. Same type of screw that held on the original cabinet, only shorter. It's not going anywhere. I looked for a suitable cabinet at Lowes, etc... Couldn't find one I liked that would latch shut so things would stay put during travel, so I made this one. Total weight difference (cabinet, mirror, SS shelf) old/vs new = one lb. less.

If you want it I thing that you have a new business opportunity for yourself. Making changes to the 3055 floor plan. One question off the subject. Is there a hand rail going up the stairs to the bedroom?
Don

MTPockets

She asked me to do that, but i don't think there's enough room. Walking up the steps, if there's a rail, would protrude into space. I'm thinkin' it over and watching as we walk up and down considering hand grip location, or rail, or whatever. havn't quite decided on the real need yet.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I noticed they do put handrails in some units. We saw one in our same floorplan at the RV show, the 2011s had it (ours is 2010). I called HL and they sent me one for free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herefishy

Thanks for the replies - wish I was handy enough to try them. Jim, I think our wall between the cabinet and the outside is pretty solid, at least with the "knocking" test. But the one into the bathroom feels hollow. I am going to get a stud finder that is better than my knuckle and check it out. The double mirror looks great, but we do set our TV on the chest, so don't want to lose that space. Might look for a cabinet that could go on the outside wall, since it seems solid. Meanwhile, we have this interesting pineboard paneling between the cabinet and the sink - LOL. Hope it stays in place while we travel.